Custom Map #8116: AltEmitter. By: -

Started by AutoPost, January 18, 2020, 11:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8116: AltEmitter

Author: -
Size: 128x64

Desc:
Convert Emitters. Click on things. Flood the map with AC! This is my first map; it's an attempt to make Emitters do everything. Any scripts I ripped have been modified. Not quite CSM or normal play. May include puzzles. All units are enabled, but it's possible to beat without building... probably.

Twi

Some fascinating stuff going on here! I really like the chip towers for upgrades. Although the inhibitor can't be nullified once you convert it, which makes sense but eh?

Are nullifiers supposed to destroy emitters here? They do damage and do seem to be able to destroy them, but I'm not sure that's what was intended?
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

yum-forum

So many new ideas of gameplay mechanics.
Big thanks for great work and fantastic creativity!
Two hours of enjoyment!  :D

P.S. Waiting for new maps. Pleeeese!  ;)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

Quote from: Twi on January 19, 2020, 11:59:05 AM
Some fascinating stuff going on here! I really like the chip towers for upgrades. Although the inhibitor can't be nullified once you convert it, which makes sense but eh?

Are nullifiers supposed to destroy emitters here? They do damage and do seem to be able to destroy them, but I'm not sure that's what was intended?

1. Nullifiers can destroy emitters if you do nullifying several times. How many times - not easy to understand although.
2. Even if you destroy by nullifying INHIBITOR game will not over and you have to flip or destroy other emitters.
last

Martin Gronsdal

Spoiler
I won this one never using a nullifier on an emitter, just on the air exclusions, but it was easier to do it with nullifiers.
[close]

yum-forum

It seems on the 7th place (of bedbug's map) time score table we can see author of this map 8116?  :D

Hello "-"!  You are WELCOME!  :)
last

-

Hello, sorry for the late reply... and thanks for the feedback!

The Inhibitor was an afterthought, so it wasn't fully functional. (It's just an Emitter in disguise.)
Nullifier damage is intended, it's meant to take more shots to defeat emitters that produce more creeper. About 1 shot per 5 creeper made I think?

Honestly I just wanted to make a puzzle that didn't require Terps. No promises for new maps, though I just uploaded one (8130)... On that note, is there a way to update a map? I'd like to make minor changes, but don't want to upload an entirely new one just to fix the inhibitor.

tamashii

Thank you for this innovative map. *^_^*

I had a lot of fun playing it, though I didnt understand half of it until nearly finishing.

Regretfully, your later maps have saving issues for me, but still keep making these great scenarios.
alea iacta est: 42