Custom Map #4694: Tie Invasion. By: stdout

Started by AutoPost, August 18, 2017, 08:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4694: Tie Invasion

Author: stdout
Size: 200x200

Desc:
We've discovered a major creeper base, but it is heavily protected with powerful emitters and numerous spore towers. We sent some tie fighters loaded with tech to help in your invasion. Try to offload their goods as soon as possible to assist in the fight. Good hunting.

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

stdout

Spoiler
Use nullifier on PZ to nullify center/bottom emitter. Then use collectors on PZs to collect thor.
[close]

and42

Hi guys, do you know how to collect gun turrets?

stdout

and42 at the beginning there was
Spoiler
a relay next to the blaster pickup. You have to fly your CN over to get it. If an enemy spore takes it first, you've essentially lost the battle and will need to restart.
[close]

yum-forum

Quote from: stdout on August 18, 2017, 12:10:28 PM
Spoiler
Use nullifier on PZ to nullify center/bottom emitter. Then use collectors on PZs to collect thor.
[close]

Thanks! But I thought that relay have more longer distance than collector...

Beautifully designed!  :D
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

stdout

Thanks Yum  ;D

To cross spans, relays need another relay to connect to. Collectors, on the other hand, will connect to anything in range.

Helper

I've tried flying the CN past Relays and Collectors, but neither is working for me.
Any advice?
Thanks,
H

cornucanis

Quote from: Helper on January 26, 2020, 05:21:03 AM
I've tried flying the CN past Relays and Collectors, but neither is working for me.
Any advice?
Thanks,
H

Unfortunately I think you already lost the battle.

Spoiler
When first starting the map, there's a pre-built relay in the void near the blaster pickup. You need to fly your CN over that relay before it gets destroyed by spores, which seems to have already happened in the screenshot you provided.
[close]

Helper

Quote from: cornucanis on January 26, 2020, 11:52:31 PM
Unfortunately I think you already lost the battle.

Aha!
It's a good thing I liked playing this map.
Time for a do-over.
;)

Thank you,
H

marvinitfox

I find the start to be clever, requiring some interesting techniques etc..
But once you have a solid foothold, conquering the bottom half is just plain tedious.