Particle Fleet Demo Now Available!

Started by knucracker, September 28, 2016, 10:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on September 28, 2016, 01:26:00 PM
Quote from: jbrush13 on September 28, 2016, 01:25:04 PM
possible minor spelling mistake in first mission.  i think its supposed to say "mine" not "mire"

Nope, mire is the correct term.

What did just happen and I see my post posted before jbrush13's?
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

jbrush13

i moved my post to here instead. i didnt mean to post it in show stoppers. possibly you responded when i was deleting the post and moving it here.

Praetonus

Hi.

I'm playing on Archlinux 64 bits and I have an issue on the first story mission, "Naivety". After the first dialogue from COO Amicus explaining how to jump in with the HQ, I don't get the rest of the tutorial and I can't complete the mission. I can build the energy mine and the omni and mire the land but I don't get the other dialogues, the lathe, etc. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug. Is there a log file I should post?

Karsten75

Quote from: Praetonus on September 28, 2016, 02:01:56 PM
Hi.

I'm playing on Archlinux 64 bits and I have an issue on the first story mission, "Naivety". After the first dialogue from COO Amicus explaining how to jump in with the HQ, I don't get the rest of the tutorial and I can't complete the mission. I can build the energy mine and the omni and mire the land but I don't get the other dialogues, the lathe, etc. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug. Is there a log file I should post?

Log file location: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=21330.0

kittychow

OS X version 10.11.6, 2.5 GHz with 4 GIG of ram. Everything worked fine. I did notice a missing word and a misspelled word in the mission 5 conversation. I will try this again tonight at home on a windows 7 64bit system. So far it is awesome.
Kittychow

UncleBod

Tried it twice, once on a pure 64 bit Kubuntu 14.04 install, once on Kubuntu 16.04 running on the same 64 bit 2 core intel processor.
Help text are not showing up.
Logfile:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7ZdaMv6cD-rTFpvZHZUOHdXN3M

/UncleBod
Now we are two with 64 bit processors haveing this issue...

knucracker

Quote from: UncleBod on September 28, 2016, 02:53:48 PM
Tried it twice, once on a pure 64 bit Kubuntu 14.04 install, once on Kubuntu 16.04 running on the same 64 bit 2 core intel processor.
Help text are not showing up.
Logfile:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7ZdaMv6cD-rTFpvZHZUOHdXN3M

/UncleBod
Now we are two with 64 bit processors haveing this issue...

Does the help text show in the full version of the game?

Also, is it just the text or all of the help?

Praetonus

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 28, 2016, 02:03:18 PM
Quote from: Praetonus on September 28, 2016, 02:01:56 PM
Hi.

Log file location: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=21330.0

Thanks, here is the log file:
http://pastebin.com/SLLzZqf1

I've deleted the previous one before testing again so the data should only be about that particular mission.

19chickens

Playing through Archipelago ATM-I've Amp Gemmed the Benign Emergent upgrade but it says "NO BENIGN EMERGENT".  Doe this mean that Archipelago cannot support benign emergent?

Krummy

I just installed and played through the story demo on a Lenovo (Thinkpad) Yoga 14 with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.  No major issues, but I did find a couple of tiny bugs.

1) The ship editor doesn't let you back to the main menu if you are in edit hull mode.  I'm guessing this is intentional, but it isn't clear.

2) When trying to build an Omni on mire it is immediately destroyed, but you get the notification 3 times.

3) The game doesn't appear to allow you to use a touchscreen to click on anything, nor does my Lenovo pen work to click within the game.  I don't know why anyone would want to play using these things, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Overall great work and I look forward to playing the full version.

ljw1004

Quote from: ljw1004 on September 28, 2016, 12:58:36 PM
Game installs and runs fine on my "OSX El Capitan 10.11.16" MBP 15" retina.

I upgraded to macOS Sierra 10.12, redownloaded Particle Fleet, and it ran fine on this new macOS as well.

Cables

I have Windows x64
Had to turn off anti virus.
Installed
Worked wonderfully.
Shhh.. the Prologue is about to start.

knucracker

Quote from: Praetonus on September 28, 2016, 03:24:44 PM
Thanks, here is the log file:
http://pastebin.com/SLLzZqf1
I've deleted the previous one before testing again so the data should only be about that particular mission.

Take a look at the attached screen shot.  That should be the stage you are on.  Do you see the red arrow pointing to the cancel button and the "Press cancel" text at the top of the display?  My suspicion is you might not see that text and you don't notice the cancel button.  Perhaps that text isn't showing in the linux version...

Praetonus

Quote from: virgilw on September 28, 2016, 04:09:08 PM
Take a look at the attached screen shot.  That should be the stage you are on.  Do you see the red arrow pointing to the cancel button and the "Press cancel" text at the top of the display?  My suspicion is you might not see that text and you don't notice the cancel button.  Perhaps that text isn't showing in the linux version...

I don't have the arrow or the text. I tried clicking the cancel button after building the mine and the omni, it didn't do anything.

UncleBod

Quote from: virgilw on September 28, 2016, 03:16:17 PM

Does the help text show in the full version of the game?

Also, is it just the text or all of the help?
None of the help shows. just the dualogue text.
It is the same in the preview version.
It shows normally when I ran the preview version on a 32 bit processor.
Just can't understand why the processor makes a difference, when I have the 32 bit version of Kubuntu installed.
/UncleBod