The endings

Started by cooltv27, October 06, 2013, 11:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooltv27

Im going to try not to have any spoilers in this post, sorry if I do put one in

So I played through the story, got to the last mission and grew to increadible power, won then tried it the other way.
I know how to get the 3rd ending, just destory the buildings fast, using guppies shields and nullifiers, but it just didnt work right, by the time my guppies finished (still hadnt started shields) the next part happend. I need some tips on how to do it

Only read if you are fine with me just saying what I did
Spoiler
I tried to rush the things first, failed, chose loki, won easily. then I tried again chose human, won not so easily, and then I tried to get the 3rd ending but failed miserably
[close]
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)
I has a youtube channel youtube.com/user/cooltv27

Nova

Warning, spoilers of the last mission
Spoiler
You don't need any guppies. Just use all three of your command nodes, build some collectors and then three shields at the nearest generators. After that, build three more shield at the other generators and nullify them to. I did this with 99% of the arc, was really close (did some overbuilding...). ^^
If you have enough energy, build some relays to get the packets faster from the command notes to the nullifier.
[close]

[removed unprotected spoiler image -G.]

cooltv27

im trying, but its not working. just did my 10th try and the last nullifier had just finished building, trying a few different placements of nodes, and using relays
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)

Nova

Some general tipps for the last mission "as fast as possible":
Spoiler

• Use every command node. Every command note should pe as near as possible to two generators.
  • The most important thing: First build energy collectors. Try to get every collector as efficient as possible: big flat field without overlap.
  • Never overbuild. If the energy connections get red, try shutting off some objects. ("deactivate" stops the build progress, "disarm" stopps the suplly of energy packets for the "weapon" (shield).)
  • First build only one collector at every command node, after that again one and than two and so on. Concentrate on Energy in the first time.
  • Never waste energy. If you have a full storage at one of the command nodes, try building more collectors or start building the relays.
  • Only build three shields at the start and after you got a constant energy supply. After they are finished, start the nullifier for the three generators.
  • Use the pause function. Hover with your finger about the p key. Always pause the game if you want to build something. This way you can take as much time as needed for every building. (Perfect placement and such.)
  • Try building a ring out of collectors around the circle. This way you can connect all three of the command nodes to share the energy.
[close]

cooltv27

ive lost track of how many tires at this point, I loose by either 1 nullifier almost built, or all 6 almost done firing. ive gone through frame by frame several times. Ive even moved command nodes RIGHT next to the nullifier and it still doesnt build fast enough. CW2 day 20 was easier then trying to do this. im playing on the slowest possible speed, doing things the exact frame they are ready to be done, wasting no energy though always having some to be used. im about ready to give up, and thats a lot from me I persist through many things to the point of boringness. the funny thing is its always the top nullifier thats not done.
does anyone else have any useful things like placement, timing, one thing I would like to know is what percentage can you place a nullifier and have it build and fire before the timer hits

Michionlion

A video was posted just a bit ago... .
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

cooltv27

link doesnt work for me... I truly have no idea why, I can access youtube fine. perhaps a link to the channel? or the videos name, so I can search it. those links never work for me. my computer sucks

Dilnu

I did a phase one ending but something weird happened and I still only got part one of the transcript. Did I miss something or is there no second part in the game?

Michionlion

Quote from: Dilnu on October 06, 2013, 10:44:26 PM
I did a phase one ending but something weird happened and I still only got part one of the transcript. Did I miss something or is there no second part in the game?

Not sure what you said...  there is only one 'epilogue'/transcript and it isn't in parts...  If you finished at phase one, then you beat it, there is no second part to that map if you take that ending.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Dilnu

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I was incorrectly expecting to be able to see the second part of the epilogue transcript. It specifically says it's part 1 of 2.

cooltv27

he means the ending with the council
Spoiler
where it says the newest member is platius abraxis, it says part 1 of 2
[close]

Spoiler alert! -G.

Dilnu

Exactly, it would have been cool that if you finished the map in phase one, or perhaps after choosing Skars you get the second part. I still haven't beat it with the Skars ending and I therefore feel that version is harder. But I think most would find the phase 1 ending the most challenging. The other ending is pretty easy.

knucracker

Spoiler

There were two parts to the transcript, but only one was shown.  It would make sense that the transcript would be broken into two parts... before and after the mysterious young man enters.  You might imagine what happens in part 2 of the transcript, and so may I at some future point. :)

I also propose that this epilogue if valid regardless of which ending you choose for the game.  In fact this epilogue already happened before you ever made your choice.  The interesting thing to consider isn't why there weren't three different precursor epilogues, but why there was only one...
[close]