Connections passing crazonium walls (BUG)

Started by UpperKEES, May 05, 2010, 01:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

As I was discussing the map Obstacle Course in chat with Vexsin and Krell, we found a bug when trying to pass a crazonium wall.

When you build your collectors and/or blasters in the normal order (away from OC on this map), you won't experience a problem (see attachment 1). When you build them in reverse order, this connection won't show up (see attachment 2). Building in reverse order can be useful when you move in a blaster later on to establish your connection (which also fails, see attachment 3).

Of course the build order is not the real problem here; it's the line-of-sight function again. It doesn't return the same value for different sides of the same wall piece.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Blaze

Oh, Mai, Gawd.

That's a bad bug....

J

UpperKEES

Never seen one before? :P

In this case I think the line-of-sight function actually returns the correct value from the opposite side, so the connection should indeed not be established. (When you look closely you'll see the white network line going over the pink corner of the wall element.)

This means that this map won't be playable without bridging after fixing the bug. Luckily bridging is needed anyway for this map.

UpperKEES

Oh, I had the impression it was a GIF-image.... ;)

Blaze

Karsten75

Twi

Things can pass between walls when they are on a diagonal, like so:

OX
XO

X is wall. Creeper and connections can go between.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

UpperKEES

Sure, but as you can see at the screenshots above, this is not a diagonal of 45 degrees.

mthw2vc

They never had to be 45 degrees to do it. Just that they passed through the corner instead of the center. I'm fine with it as long as it's consistent.

UpperKEES

Twi's example shows diagonals of 45 degrees, that's why I mention it. I know a connection can pass under any angle, as long as it's exactly between two corners. Look at the screenshots and you'll see it's not consistent.

mthw2vc

That was my intention in saying that I was fine "as long as it's consistent".

The smoking revolver

Slightly off topic but one word

RELAYS! :P :P :P
There is always a I in team