Particle Fleet Exchange, "Favorite" is not saving.

Started by CyberDyneSystems, May 09, 2020, 05:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyberDyneSystems

I tried to search for this and couldn't find anything. I have some maps successfully saved as "fav" the little checkmark top center. But recently, every time I go back to a map that I have checked "fav" if I close the game and re-open the check is gone. I've tried checking it and playing and saving a game, to see if the save game function is involved,. I tried making sure I have played both standard and sandbox fleet, etc. No joy, I can't get fav maps to stick. Again, some that I favorited years back do stick.

Any ideas?

P.S. I looked in My Games/particlefleet/exchange folder, and found "favorites.dat"
It's "Date Modified" was indeed today's date after my several attempts to fav a single map, but the file size is only 1kb. I could not open the file (well, I did in notepad, but it was only two lines of gobbledygook)

All my game saves are working fine.

Windows 10, 64 bit, version 1.1.4 (is this the latest?)

Karsten75

Couple of questions
1. Are you playing on Steam?
2. Do you have any cloud save/backup  such as MS OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.?

Karsten75

Messing around with this, it seems that it does, in fact save your favorites. If you filter by favorites, it should show up. :)

CyberDyneSystems

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 09, 2020, 06:02:49 PM
Couple of questions
1. Are you playing on Steam?
2. Do you have any cloud save/backup  such as MS OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.?

1 No, just the downloaded straight from Knucklecracker paid version.
2. Nope, it's all local.

CyberDyneSystems

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 09, 2020, 06:29:04 PM
Messing around with this, it seems that it does, in fact save your favorites. If you filter by favorites, it should show up. :)

It used to for me,., I've had favorites since the first few months of this game being available. But I realized recently that my favorites are no longer sticking. I think it's been this was for a few months.
Old favorites, they are still checked and still work with the filter. But for instance If I fav a few maps today, they will not stick. The old ones will still have the checkmark, but the ones I do now will not be saved.

Karsten75

I think you misunderstood me, since your last post was largely a repetition of your first post.

Try this.

Mark a new map as favorite
it will have the check mar,
quit the game
check again, the map will NOT be marked as favorite.
now on the selection pane, tick "favorite"

Now it will show up.

Edit to add:

Nothing in the game has changed for literally years now. No updates, nothing. Favorites are stored locally, so it's not a database/server issue.

I can confirm that it appears that favorites are not saves, and it is because the "load" function for them are only called in the "wrong' place, but it must have been like that since release, since, as I said, nothing has changed for years.