Expansion Pack

Started by Dubickimus, July 26, 2011, 03:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubickimus

I'm not saying imediately but
Virgil should make an expansion pack for CW2 in which you play as Lt. Hale
it would be simple because it would use the same game just add a "story 2" option
with more missions featuring Varro.

nothing too epic but kind of like another bonus.

:-* kisses,
--Dubickimus

Grauniad

Interesting thought.

I believe Virgil will focus more on allowing custom maps (and custom "stories") by adding expansion packs for custom tiles, weapons, speakers, and *perhaps* more weapon types.  maybe also more bonus missions since those are a good showcase and idea seed for relatively easy but ingenious maps that use the various configurations for CW2 maps.

If his plans for CW1 are then  repeated in CW2, after some time he will release another Flash game for the  Flash game sites, since those drive traffic to the fill game. Then it will be on to *The Next Great Thing."

If the CW2 community takes off and starts making maps, there will hardly be any need for Virgil to invest substantial effort in essentially devising a new story line and maps when the map making community does such a good job of it.  Virgil might focus those creative efforts on his next game.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Lord_Farin

I believe the community as a whole will develop loads of interesting campaigns, bonus mission packs and the like when the map editor is published. At the very least such a thing happened on a lot of other games (many Flash games, but also, for example, UT2004 and Age of Empires)
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

Ebon Heart

I still think we need to go back in and attack the styglek directly. They
Spoiler
revived the nexus once
[close]
Who's saying they can't do it again?
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

eudrick

The Community is champing at the bit, biting their nails, tearing out their hair, gnashing their teeth and howling at the moon awaiting the editor.
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

Grauniad

Quote from: eudrick on July 26, 2011, 02:17:46 PM
The Community is champing at the bit, biting their nails, tearing out their hair, gnashing their teeth and howling at the moon awaiting the editor.

I ask that the community be a little patient for a while. Life got in the way.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Grauniad on July 26, 2011, 02:24:12 PM
Quote from: eudrick on July 26, 2011, 02:17:46 PM

I ask that the community be a little patient for a while. Life got in the way.
curse you life!
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

TonyP2000

All I know, is that when the map editor comes out, I am going to go to town with my campaign and story filled with weird missions, a new cast of characters and some good old fashion dark humor. It's going to be sweet!  ;D
Vote Tony!

lich98

I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra