Custom Map #6166: pac like creep yay. By: piggood

Started by AutoPost, July 14, 2018, 02:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6166: pac like creep yay

Author: piggood
Size: 256x150

Desc:
shoutout to Degritone For the awesome gamemode! and template! yay #CRPL #PACLIKECREEP #OHWAITWHAT

toolforger

VERY nice basic idea!
Map is far too easy. I took everything using relays, picked up two PZs in the top with cannons and that was enough to easily control the creeper even when it concentrated and forcefielded.
The decisionmaking is sometimes dubious. I saw it sending spores to outside-the-map areas, and forcefielding my anticreeper (and once even on an area with neither creep nor anticreep).

So the real work is just beginning: Finetuning and map balancing.
Still, a VERY nice idea :-)

strigvir

Interesting idea, but AI needs to have always at least one emitter placed, otherwise digitalis stops growing.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: strigvir on August 16, 2018, 04:57:24 AM
Interesting idea, but AI needs to have always at least one emitter placed, otherwise digitalis stops growing.

The digitalis is cheating, it's growing from spores as well as from emitters.  Observations:

1)  When I had the last emitter under heavy fire other digitalis was unaffected and was regrowing where my Bertha was pounding the big cluster.  (Originally aimed there when it was emitters, the AI eventually switched all of those PZs to spores but at that point I had no use for the Bertha and left it alone)

2)  When I killed the last emitter a PZ quickly changed from a spore to an emitter.

3)  In the end I had him down to a single spore, zero emitters.  While the nullifier charged I saw digitalis regrowth.

Johnny Haywire

First of all, let me say that this is yet another great idea that you've had. I really hope this is do-able, and that this kind of PAC is maybe integrated with Sleeper tech. That could present a formidable challenge!

I agree with the above comments. The AI needs some help, which is one reason why I didn't mind the creeper being able to place towers wherever there was digitalis, even if it didn't have the minimum creeper required.

I'm not sure if the AI can be improved enough, so you could possibly limit the number of reactors to maybe 10 or so, but even then the creeper would need enough time to take at least one island.

I let the creeper take its starting island before starting my build, and it made it fairly interesting.

I sincerely hope that you'll keep expanding on this idea (as well as some of your other really cool concepts!), and/or maybe get with some of the other guys who are great at CRPL and exchange some thoughts.

Dude, keep up the great work!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?