Custom Map #955: A New Threat ch1

Started by AutoPost, March 14, 2012, 11:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #955: A New Threat ch1

Author: Kilroyinc

Desc:
While Dax and Aliana are studying an anomaly on a recently scrubbed planet, Dax along with Lt Hale are called away to scrub a near by planet only to get into trouble. It is up to Aliana to mount a rescue mission. She discovers more than she bargained for and has an unexpected reunion.

teknotiss

liked it. nice map. i don't think the capsules were in too much danger, but i did like the lack of weapons. i had to keep my blasters covering each other and the corners, very good. 7/10 (would be 8 but i just dug through to the last 2 capsules and there was tons of ac, perhaps a line of solid terrain to make the player deal with the drones/gateway before they can get to the lower capsules.)
more maps please
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Kilroyinc

Teknotiss,

I'm glad you liked it.  Thanks also for the constructive critism.  This was my first map and I was learning the ropes of the editor on this one.  My next one is a bit more challenging.  Just uploaded it today so it should be posted to the game site in a day or two. :)

teknotiss

cool looking forwards to the next one!
keep it up
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

4xC

The lack of weapons overall and techdomes really lightened stress on which way to go. The construction path was narrow and that puts some comfort on limited players. Nice work.

Loved how Aliana was actually doing something on the front lines of battle. I always thought a character was goo if it actually made a strong, clear contribution.
C,C,C,C