Custom Map #976: A New Beginning - The Fire God

Started by AutoPost, March 25, 2012, 11:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #976: A New Beginning - The Fire God

Author: hhhh

Desc:
This is the second map of my series, i was not going to make another one due the overwhleming negative votes my last map received, but i am at it again. I will admit the last map was quite a bit of a long slog, and i apologize, i sort of rushed that last bit and in doing so it did not work out as planned. Hopefully all of you will enjoy this next piece of the series. Please leave feedback, let me know what you liked, what you didnt like. As usual, everything is custom. Enjoy.

teknotiss

ok what i liked about this map.
the basic design. pretty good, 6/10
the lack of weapons. nice. but something like a few weak fast drones and 6 blasters to add a little threat early on would be good.
what i didn't like
too long for what you are doing i more launcher would prob have solved that.
no threat really. just spam ac makers
not a fan of black tiles on a black background. some love it. i don't
i think you could have made this a little quicker (my score is awful, thought i'd paused when i went to eat, but i hadn't and i didn't want to load as i may not have saved. was on track for 45mins max) i think i might retry with suicide ac makers fully charged.
i also would have liked some kind of threat at the start.
keep on
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

SmileyCoder

Most of the map was fine, but the endplay was awfull.

If you placed a conversion bomb tech behind the fire god, that could be used to ensure a quick endgame, while not subtracting from the main gameplay.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.