Custom Map #972: Dig and Beam

Started by AutoPost, March 22, 2012, 08:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #972: Dig and Beam

Author: jepler

Desc:
A short and simple map that invites time optimization. Note the burried creeper and experimentals. Sometimes a self-dug terrain will release creeper that escapes the beam, but I haven't seen this with gateway-dug creeper; I am not sure why this is. You'll just have to live with it in your quest for the best time.

J

Pause and use 'n' to move on to the next frame. You'll see the creeper moves every 2 frames and sometimes it moves on the same frame the ground is dug. If the gateway digs the creeper will be destroyed in 2 frames (so the creeper won't escape) but if you dig it out yourself it will take 3 frames to kill the creeper. So if it moves on the first and third frame, the creeper will escape.

Why: In a frame everything is done in a specific order, it doesn't check for enemy dig packets and LS dig packets at the same time. If the game checks for LS dig packets right before or after it checks for enemy dig packets this bug should be fixed.

a

automatic translation ...

The forum is a topic about the operation of the laser? It is sometimes ignited instantly, sometimes not.

I have another 10 seconds, the time has improved.

J

Quote from: a on March 25, 2012, 10:13:51 AM
Is this a topic about the operation of the laser? The creeper is sometimes killed instantly, sometimes not.
This topic is about a custom map (that has a bug). The creeper should be killed instantly, it should not be able to escape, but sometimes it does.

a

automatic translation...

2 min 26.6 sec

Reduced by another 13 seconds.

Where the topic of laser operation? 100 had to reboot. There is an element of randomness. Sometimes kills. Sometimes underachieving kill.