Custom Map #970: CoTN 5: Blasted Sandworms!

Started by AutoPost, March 22, 2012, 05:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #970: CoTN 5: Blasted Sandworms!

Author: TonyP2000

Desc:
The bros land on a desert planet so they can take out the next super weapon: The Super Sandworm. I think the Super Sandworm is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills humans and doesnt afraid of anything.

TonyP2000

Quick hint for you:
Spoiler
Timing is everything!
[close]
Vote Tony!

teknotiss

lol thanks for the hint! :D
got any hints that might help? ;)
this one is going to take quite a few restarts methinks!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

TonyP2000

It's not an easy map but if you are willing to keep on trying, at least I know people are having fun. It helps to read the story, Dr. Emmelia has some helpful tips in there.  ;)

But for those of you who are really stuck:

Spoiler

When I mean timing is everything, I mean that the Sandworm is on a set path; there is method to its madness. It might take more time for it to get to a specified pit stop, so plan out when you will build nullifyers. 
[close]

If you are still stuck then:

Spoiler
After you dig and grab all the resources, you are going to want to play this one more "mobile" move your liberation ship with your blasters, launchers and (preferably one) maker as a fleet so you do not have to depend on beacons. Build reactors once and a while to save crystal energy.
[close]

If you are still stuck:
Spoiler
Go for the gateways first, once you take those out, the map becomes way easier. Work your way up the right side and down the left.
[close]

I hope everybody enjoys this map; I am already beginning to get CoTN 6 ready. Lets just say there will be lots of science...and cake  ;)   

Vote Tony!

TonyP2000

Best time so far is 6 min and 22 sec.

I wonder if that can be beat...
Vote Tony!

Katra

I built a bunch of reactors underground (with sentry blasters at the entrances.) then started attacking the emitters/gateways. Ended up accepting an occasional lost beacon (redundancy is a good thing) while I took out pools with launchers and blasters. I ended up with plenty of power (especially since a lot of my blasters were set up in sentry positions to intercept drones and/or splashes of creeper.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!