Favorite Weapon (Includes Experimentals)

Started by CobraKill, May 16, 2011, 07:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraKill

Sooo, What's your favorite weapon and why? (includes Experimentals)
- Choices
    1. Blaster
    2. Launcher
    3. Maker
    4. Repulser
    5. Phantom Coil
    6. C-bomb
    7. Dark Beam

I personally like Makers, but haven't seen C-Bomb or Dark Beam (On Mission 11). I like Makers because I think it's awesome you can make your own creeper  :D

Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

pixlepix

I like repulsors. I can't count how many times they have saved  me.
I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(

CobraKill

Quote from: pixlepix on May 16, 2011, 07:17:35 PM
I like repulsors. I can't count how many times they have saved  me.

Great for holding out deep pools and helping blasters on dense creeper  :D

Alex1010

I agree. Makers are awesome :). And occasion I just use one maker set to 4x to hold back or defeat the creeper.

Ebon Heart

I use makers kind of exessively... 4 makers set to x4 with every ore deposit on the map having ore extractors on all sides... works every time. till you run out of ore of course, at which point just use repulsors to make use of the anti creeper.... though you can hang yourself with repulsors, day 13, horror is a great example... getting the last survivor pod, try pointing a repulsor up and see what happens.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

CobraKill

Quote from: Alex1010 on May 16, 2011, 07:19:08 PM
I agree. Makers are awesome :). And occasion I just use one maker set to 4x to hold back or defeat the creeper.

Some missions you can win with just makers. Try eight makers set 4X. Ate up my ore so fast I didn't see it go., but I had enough to destroy all the creeper  :)

Alex1010

mthw2vc

My favorite weapon would have to be... upgrades :P
Always fun to blast through creeper with only a couple of weapons after having saved up for all upgrades ;)

CobraKill

Alex1010

I don't think upgrades are weapons. Though, they may help your cause.

thepenguin

go dark beam!

I wish CBs let me make evil creeper, but alas.
We have become the creeper...

Dasani

Well dark beam and mirrors are amazing obviously, but I mean cmon they're super weapons. :)

I personally love blasters the most. When they are fully upgraded with max attack speed and max range, and you build a ton of them, you can utterly annihilate creeper with such ruthless speed it boggles the mind. Like on the bonus mission Cubic, i didn't even have to build shields to contain those obscenely dense creeper pools, the blasters shot so fast they destroyed it as it appeared and it couldn't even spread.

I find anti-creeper to be rather lackluster. Even at 4x production you simply don't make enough creeper to make much of an impact. The anti creeper is also so slow to spread and move unless you make a TON of repulsors, and if you are going to make that many, you might as well just make blasters or launchers instead. It seems "ok" until you run out of ore, which happens rapidly.

Then of course shields are amazing too, some missions would be impossible to complete without them.

Grauniad

Quote from: thepenguin on May 16, 2011, 08:12:26 PM
go dark beam!

For what purpose would you want to make Creeper iso Anti-Creeper?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

thepenguin

Quote from: Grauniad on May 17, 2011, 03:31:24 PM
Quote from: thepenguin on May 16, 2011, 08:12:26 PM
go dark beam!

For what purpose would you want to make Creeper iso Anti-Creeper?

testing  purposes (building outrageous amounts of stuff and placing the creeper where I want it (so I can keep playing) without the creeper comitting suicide via evaporation)
We have become the creeper...

Karsten75

Quote from: Dasani on May 17, 2011, 03:29:37 PM
Well dark beam and mirrors are amazing obviously, but I mean cmon they're super weapons. :)

I personally love blasters the most. When they are fully upgraded with max attack speed and max range, and you build a ton of them, you can utterly annihilate creeper with such ruthless speed it boggles the mind. Like on the bonus mission Cubic, i didn't even have to build shields to contain those obscenely dense creeper pools, the blasters shot so fast they destroyed it as it appeared and it couldn't even spread.

I find anti-creeper to be rather lackluster. Even at 4x production you simply don't make enough creeper to make much of an impact. The anti creeper is also so slow to spread and move unless you make a TON of repulsors, and if you are going to make that many, you might as well just make blasters or launchers instead. It seems "ok" until you run out of ore, which happens rapidly.

Then of course shields are amazing too, some missions would be impossible to complete without them.

I'd suggest you need to sharpen up your game play. There hasn't yet been a map I've run out of Anti-Creeper. For some emitters that "sparkle" with strong emissions, you can blanket them in AC and then it makes it a lot easier to build the nullifier.

I rarely need a "TON" of either repulsors or blasters - thought I did early on.