CW2 much harder than the first one

Started by TypoNinja, May 15, 2011, 09:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TypoNinja

Just finished level 18, holy crap hard. Took me almost an hour and a half. After failing several times in a row. Not the first mission that slowed me down either.

I pretty much breezed through the first game, definitely stepped the difficulty up a notch on the sequel :D

Grauniad

Consider it value for your money! :D
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

UpperKEES

Glad to read you consider this an improvement! :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

CobraKill

Personally I find it easier ( just beat silver XD) I'm sure it will get harder though. great game
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

mthw2vc

Yea, it starts to get a lot harder in the second half of the story, trust me... ;)

Aurzel

trust me you'll love it, the first half are the learning missions :P

CobraKill

Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Emmote

I've been stuck on Day 19 now for, uhm... 7 hours. I just cannot do it. That said, I love the game and I love how it's more difficult. I just think maybe a little too difficult at the end.
My mind rebels against stagnation.

Grauniad

Think of it this way. It is eminently do-able. You paid $10 for it. The longer you spend on it, not only do you get better for the eventual crazy maps that custom map builders will produce, but you get loads more value for your money. :)

Also, once you have beaten any of the maps, you will look back and realize there was a better way and that you can achieve a substantial improved score the second time around. ;)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

UpperKEES

Indeed. With some practice you'll be able to finish maps 2x - 10x faster when replaying. I would be disappointed myself when I would quickly finish a game I bought just a couple of hours ago.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

TypoNinja

My one beef is maps that are essentially timed, rescue a pod before creeper hits it, that kind of thing. I've always hated timed missions in any game. And for CW I'm a pretty casual player.

I tend to almost never pause (and I know I could shave minutes off by doing that) to give movement orders, if there are multiple paths I must clear at once I tend to go one at a time rather than both. I know there's a couple of missions I could shave close to ten minutes off just by going pause happy between moment orders and clearing more then one path simultaneously.

But that's just me, its more a matter of taste than a real design flaw, so all things considered, best 10 bucks I've spent in a long while, since the first CW probably :P

TonyP2000

The one thing I love about creeper world 2 is that their are new gameplay mechanics you have to worry about, like the
Spoiler
gateways and drones
[close]
. Its also gets crazy when
Spoiler
gateways start digging too
Spoiler
. You never had to worry about these in the first game, but they really make CW2 more intense, as well as forcing you to employ new strategies.   ;D
[close]
[close]
Vote Tony!