Day 11 - please help

Started by Thomas214, May 15, 2011, 07:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraKill

Okay I am failing misrebably.  ??? I have tried everyone's tips, tricks, and advice, but can't for the life of me figure it out. I have been stuck on this for about a day. Can someone post some sort of video or something?  ???
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Grauniad

I think you are too impatient. All these "help" threads within a few days of the game's release makes me think that people simply want to win without getting into the actual game mechanics.

I've played all of the maps. Even without some effort there were usually two viable approaches on each map - one "not so fast" and another lightning quick. What you have to do is stand back, think about what went wrong and what you can do differently to overcome the obstacles presented to you. Then go at it again.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Michionlion

Quote from: Grauniad on May 16, 2011, 06:23:33 PM
I think you are too impatient. All these "help" threads within a few days of the game's release makes me think that people simply want to win without getting into the actual game mechanics.

I've played all of the maps. Even without some effort there were usually two viable approaches on each map - one "not so fast" and another lightning quick. What you have to do is stand back, think about what went wrong and what you can do differently to overcome the obstacles presented to you. Then go at it again.

i can confirm that... if you just sit back and say: what do i need to do RIGHT now? nothing can go wrong (as long as you pause and think)

edit: because of the posts below, i will say that i learned this through having ahard time and asking for help.  whats so hipocritical about learning something and passing it on? please....
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

CobraKill

yeah your right srry. I think the creeper got to my head  :

and Michionlion your being a little bit of a hypocrite with you posting a thread :) but i think it doesn't matter with it being on an actully hard mision

Michionlion

i know... happened to me on day 13...

oh, by the way, why does your sig say 'Creeper World 2 will be awesome!'?
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

Quote from: The Commander on May 16, 2011, 06:59:19 PM
and Michionlion your being a little bit of a hypocrite with you posting a thread :) but i think it doesn't matter with it being on an actully hard mision

:D :D :D he definitely started the wuss-out threads!
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

using help ruins the point, creeper world is an intellectual game, creeper world 2 even more so. Figure out what went wrong, and adjust your strategy accordingly till you beat it. I'm on day 15 and haven't had any problems with a map so far, the only one I've died on so far was cooker, and that was only because I accidentally pressed X insead of A on a repulsor up top to try to activate it.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

CobraKill

Quote from: Michionlion on May 16, 2011, 07:01:07 PM
i know... happened to me on day 13...

oh, by the way, why does your sig say 'Creeper World 2 will be awesome!'?

just changed it  ;D

thepenguin

Quote from: Grauniad on May 16, 2011, 07:06:32 PM

:(

I also ask, why shouldn't they?, also, not all sttrategies work for all poeople (I can never win with mthw2vc's strategies, but do very well with thebuilder's)
We have become the creeper...

Overbyte

Quote from: thepenguin on May 16, 2011, 08:10:18 PM
Quote from: Grauniad on May 16, 2011, 07:06:32 PM

:(

I also ask, why shouldn't they?, also, not all sttrategies work for all poeople (I can never win with mthw2vc's strategies, but do very well with thebuilder's)
I agree that at this point no walkthrough should be given..
I love the new game.. I get the adrenaline rush the first one gave me even if I loose a couple times to solve the puzzle..
I'm actually holding back on reading too much here, as I want to figure the game mechanics on my own, or my take of them..
I won't be the fastest, but I'll do it on my own, and to me that means alot..

UpperKEES

Quote from: Overbyte on May 16, 2011, 08:40:37 PM
I agree that at this point no walkthrough should be given..
I love the new game.. I get the adrenaline rush the first one gave me even if I loose a couple times to solve the puzzle..
I'm actually holding back on reading too much here, as I want to figure the game mechanics on my own, or my take of them..
I won't be the fastest, but I'll do it on my own, and to me that means alot..

Now that's an attitude I like! :) You'll be much more satisfied after finishing this way (although people shouldn't hesitate to ask for hints when really stuck).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

DethbyIT

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 17, 2011, 04:01:04 AM
Now that's an attitude I like! :) You'll be much more satisfied after finishing this way (although people shouldn't hesitate to ask for hints when really stuck).

Kees - excellent comment. When I can figure out the entire strategy on my own, it is definitely more a feeling of accomplishment - but when I'm stuck, I have sure appreciated the help from you and some of the other All-Stars.

[Quote from: Grauniad on May 16, 2011, 05:23:33 pm
I think you are too impatient. All these "help" threads within a few days of the game's release makes me think that people simply want to win without getting into the actual game mechanics.]

Grauniad, Don't you think that you're also being just a little impatient? There are wide variety of skill levels for those of us who pay to play these games and chastising someone for seeking help is not in the best interest of anyone.

My understanding of Virgil's intent of the "Spoiler" function is to allow help/hints to be posted at any time. If I have misunderstood that intent, please correct me.

You and the rest of the Beta players have been playing this for months and the rest of us for about 2 days. From all of the comments I've read, the overwhelming majority of us are having a great time playing CW2 and I think it incumbent upon all to keep the comments upbeat and respectful.
dbit

Emmote

I had only asked about Day 19 after I had been stuck, almost solidly for 7 hours on that one mission. So I can understand why people ask for help. Some levels will just be beyond some peoples capability without help.
My mind rebels against stagnation.

DethbyIT

@Emmote - you're way ahead of me, I still stuck on Day 15  ;D
am

CobraKill

Thanks everyone for the advice. I just beat it.