Day 11 - please help

Started by Thomas214, May 15, 2011, 07:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas214

I'm stuck at day 11. Can anyone tell me how to beat it?

thepenguin

Quote from: Thomas214 on May 15, 2011, 07:21:28 PM
I'm stuck at day 11. Can anyone tell me how to beat it?

hmm, virgil changed that one, grr.
We have become the creeper...

Grauniad

Build 3 replulsors to push the top creeper up. You can choose to build 4 more to keep the side creeper at bay or you can move fast, excavate and have two repulsors push down.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Thomas214

Just beat it. Thanks for the help!!

CobraKill

This is the one I'm stuck on. I took your advice Grauniad, but I always get overwhelmed either I'm not fast enough or not enough energy to keep the reactors running. Can some one post a video or something? Please Help!
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

DethbyIT

The Commander - I followed Grauniad's advice and made it through OK.
You need Reactors first (I build about 3 at a time) - every place you can get them - and start building Repulsors for the top tunnels as soon as you have about 8-9 Reactors.
dbit

CobraKill

Ok I'll try that after I get home from school. I'll post if I still can't figure it out. (probably will)
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

DethbyIT

You will have to play with the time of building Reactors/Repulsors, but (after you're through) you will see that there is plenty of time.

ontheworld

For me it was: crystals, tecnytes, repulsor tech + ore, upgrade reactor effficiency, fill the area below the big room I'm in with reactors, 3 repulsors top(top), fill the rest with reactors, 4 repulsors at the sides.

leaves me with plent of energy to get some blasters to push it back (I'd suggest starting at the top)

DethbyIT

ontheworld - This might well be one of those 'Doh' kinds of questions, but I haven't seen any kind of "FAQ/General Help" posted anywhere.

Your comments about "crystals, tecnytes, repulsor tech + ore, upgrade reactor effficiency,..." makes me realize that I'm like a lost dog in tall weeds.

I've been blundering my way through (on Day 13 now), but it would sure be nice to find some "Tips & Tricks" kind of reading to help out.

Thanks,
dbit

Grauniad

Quote from: DethbyIT on May 16, 2011, 10:13:27 AM
ontheworld - This might well be one of those 'Doh' kinds of questions, but I haven't seen any kind of "FAQ/General Help" posted anywhere.

Your comments about "crystals, tecnytes, repulsor tech + ore, upgrade reactor effficiency,..." makes me realize that I'm like a lost dog in tall weeds.

I've been blundering my way through (on Day 13 now), but it would sure be nice to find some "Tips & Tricks" kind of reading to help out.

Thanks,
dbit

There was the beginnings of one in beta - I've just moved it over and stickied it here.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

ezpz

Quote from: ontheworld on May 16, 2011, 10:09:44 AM
For me it was: crystals, tecnytes, repulsor tech + ore, upgrade reactor effficiency, fill the area below the big room I'm in with reactors, 3 repulsors top(top), fill the rest with reactors, 4 repulsors at the sides.

leaves me with plent of energy to get some blasters to push it back (I'd suggest starting at the top)

How do you orient the repulsors to shoot sideways?

UpperKEES

Use the 'wheel' on the bottom after selecting the repulsor. You can also set the length of its beam.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

MadMag

here

ezpz