Custom Map #7928: PvP. By: piggood

Started by AutoPost, December 01, 2019, 01:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7928: PvP

Author: piggood
Size: 150x200

Desc:
I see sleeper.. and i think to myself 'hey what if i can control the sleeper?' control: i,j,k,l and u to build and o to swap to another units

Helper

I can't figure out the winning conditions here.
It isn't to take out all the targets, and I ran it up to 10:00 on the clock to see if there might be some kind of time activated action, but nothing so far.
Anyone have any ideas here?
Thanks,
H

piggood

Quote from: Helper on December 01, 2019, 06:12:47 AM
I can't figure out the winning conditions here.
It isn't to take out all the targets, and I ran it up to 10:00 on the clock to see if there might be some kind of time activated action, but nothing so far.
Anyone have any ideas here?
Thanks,
H
Well I don't actually know the winning condition was supposed to be:
1.All player unit is Destroyed
or
2.all enemy unit is Destroyed
it is supposed to work like that but i don't know why it doesn't work.

Helper

LOL!
It's a little bit scary when the map maker doesn't know how to win.
I'll stand by to hear from someone who figures it out.
H

theachevah

holy wow, this is...
imagine a PAC map with that as your main control thingy!
Play as Creeper? more like Play as Sleeper! this is gonna be the next, big craze, I'm telling ya!
What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!

CharlieMartini

Helper

Quote from: CharlieMartini on December 02, 2019, 11:05:36 PM
So no way to win/end this puzzle?
[/quote

I'm still waiting to find out.
Apparently, the map maker doesn't know how he won, but others have figured it out.
H

cornucanis

So I poked around in this map for a bit and it looks like the only way to win is to
Spoiler
destroy all player units. It doesn't seem to work if you do it on the first frame for some reason, so you just have to advance at least 1 frame then delete the collector in the lower left corner for a "cheap win."
[close]

Quote from: piggood on December 01, 2019, 06:53:58 AM
Well I don't actually know the winning condition was supposed to be:
1.All player unit is Destroyed
or
2.all enemy unit is Destroyed
it is supposed to work like that but i don't know why it doesn't work.

Spoiler
The first condition seems to be working for the most part, the issue is with the second part. The reason the second condition isn't triggering victory is because you have the invisible CRPL core in the upper-left corner which can't be destroyed by nullifier and is set to count for victory. There's also no mechanism in place to destroy itself if it detects no enemy units on the field. The only mechanism to destroy it is if it detects no player units on the field, which is why condition 1 works but not condition 2.
[close]

whoops, edited to add spoiler tags, thanks for reminding me with your response theachevah

theachevah

regarding the win condition there,
Spoiler
there IS a win, one which is deleting the collector on the bottom left,
at least that's the one I discovered
[close]
but yeah :v
What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!

Johnny Haywire

[Edit: I typed this before I found the newer version of this map, but maybe the information will be helpful to you. I didn't find this map to be actually "broken" as both maps seem to work fine for me]

Wow, this is a really cool concept, and I hope the CRPL masters will develop this further!

Please read the description in the map. I didn't even notice it, and was therefore pretty much at a loss to figure out what's going on. The description & directions aren't very clear but I'm not going to blame the mapmaker for that, since English may not even be his primary language and/or he could just be more adept at coding and concepts than dialogue, which is totally fine by me. I'm just happy he has the skills and creativity to figure out how to make magic like this actually work in the CW3 realm.

So here's a technical writer's explanation of what this map is & how it works (for those non-technical people who may be confused about how to work the map)

You're given a Sleeper Collector at the top of the map, and you may build just about any Sleeper unit with it. Move it around (i, j, k, L) and select what you'd like to build (o) and then build it (u).

Gameplay:

You can land the CN's and set up a base & build it however you want and then play against that base with Sleeper units. There's no limit to how fast the units build except that they need creeper in order to build. It's conceivable that a player could continuously upgrade both sides for a perpetual stalemate, but I'm not sure how much fun that would be.

The only way to "win" this map is to allow or cause the creeper to win.

If you just want to finish the map and get a victory condition, as cornucanis mentioned earlier, just unpause the map (or at least advance it one frame by using "N") and then delete the collector in the lower left. If you land a CN, you'll also need to make it go back into orbit.

Is there any potential to blend this idea with PAC maps? I'm sure someone would have to regulate it somehow so that the Sleeper units would not become too powerful. Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks to piggood for the idea and effort that went into making this map! IMO, it's a really cool idea - Great job, and thanks for the map!  ;D ;D

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

WithersChat

Quote from: theachevah on December 01, 2019, 06:15:02 PM
holy wow, this is...
imagine a PAC map with that as your main control thingy!
Play as Creeper? more like Play as Sleeper! this is gonna be the next, big craze, I'm telling ya!

You don't know how you're right...
There is no signature!