Custom Map #1126: Doppel Crawlers. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, April 10, 2018, 06:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1126: Doppel Crawlers

Author: FOXX
Size: 360x360

Desc:
You start in the Middle and have to work your way out and controlling the Doppels that 'Crawl' into your Base. #EditStruc

tanelorn

Sorry but I found this mission impossible. You start and remain in massive deficit at -300 energy because of the turrets. You can't do anything...

FOXX

Quote from: tanelorn on April 13, 2018, 02:57:43 AM
Sorry but I found this mission impossible. You start and remain in massive deficit at -300 energy because of the turrets. You can't do anything...

Hi Tanelorn,

The start is pretty challenging in this map. If you wait untill the Doppels are inside the Base it gets tough.

Tips

- With the help of the Energy Pods you can build some ships. (start with 3 or so Ships and after that build 1 ship at a time)(make sure to build the Latheship first and)
- The first 'corner' you should go for is the NE Corner.
- After some ships have build (about 6) you can move to the NE Corner. (if you are fast you can start Lathing the Emitter close to the 'Road' when its about to Emit.)
- Just let the Doppels enter your Base. Focus on expanding your Base instead of Controlling those Doppels.[/spoier]

Once this is done you can progress to the South.
Hope this Helps.
If you are still stuck i can make a video of me playing this Map.

Greets
FOXX

[close]
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

tanelorn

Thanks FOXX, you do make great maps. I did complete this one using my Yamato fleet. Very grueling. I personally think that the doppels are too tough. Even using the emitter control pointed directly at a doppel does not stop them. I think the focus should be more on defending your base, which is barely possible because the doppels are virtually unstoppable until you have built your entire fleet, which comes far after the doppels have already breached your base.

Personally, I would increase the power of your energy mines in the base, making the base very valuable for your expansion (meaning, don't lose it!). Then have waves of ships, dopples, or particulate attack your base periodically. The particulate bursts in the SW would be more effective if fields channeled them as a directed blast against your base.

Anyway, I love your maps, thank you for keeping PF alive. Sad that the developer stopped so early.

FOXX

Quote from: tanelorn on April 14, 2018, 02:13:47 PM
Thanks FOXX, you do make great maps. I did complete this one using my Yamato fleet. Very grueling. I personally think that the doppels are too tough. Even using the emitter control pointed directly at a doppel does not stop them. I think the focus should be more on defending your base, which is barely possible because the doppels are virtually unstoppable until you have built your entire fleet, which comes far after the doppels have already breached your base.
Yeah, i let the Doppels just grow into my Base and i ended up with only destroying 2 of those (the one in the East and South)
The start is crucial in this map - i had my main energy mine almost overtaken by red particles when i moved out of the Base and had to pull back 1 ship into the base.

QuotePersonally, I would increase the power of your energy mines in the base, making the base very valuable for your expansion (meaning, don't lose it!). Then have waves of ships, dopples, or particulate attack your base periodically. The particulate bursts in the SW would be more effective if fields channeled them as a directed blast against your base.
That is a good idea that would work on this map. Maybe get rid of the Doppels and add some waves. I might come back on this (made a note about it) but at the moment i am busy with a new series.
At first i had more fields involving those Particle Bursts but that caused more stress on the main base so after some testing i removed some fields.

QuoteAnyway, I love your maps, thank you for keeping PF alive. Sad that the developer stopped so early.
Thanks Tanelorn and i will be making (a lot) more maps for PF. just love the PF Editor and with some people still making Scripts for PF i can introduce some new things now and then.
And i still have lots of ideas ;)

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS