Alpha map glitches

Started by knucracker, October 24, 2013, 03:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacobkolstad

It IS normal creeper, but it appears as anticreeper..

TLMike

I noticed one custom map I played had some CRPL in it which changed the color of the Creeper about 8 minutes in. Perhaps you've got a graphics issue, or maybe there's some strange CRPL on that map. (Although, it looks like a normal one to me.) What I usually do is, I open the menu and manually change the creeper color back to default (or some color of my choice). Maybe that'll help.

Grauniad

Quote from: Jacobkolstad on November 03, 2013, 04:58:34 AM
In Hoodwink - Tide, some creeper appears as anticreeper, but it still destroy my buildings.

If you had given more descriptive detail, attached a screenshot and a save game, maybe, just maybe someone would have been able to investigate further. But with the complete lack of supplementary information, there is nothing that anyone could do.

I'd venture a suggestion based on game mechanics, but it is merely a supposition

1. The anti-creeper was tightly concentrated and one or more cells briefly flipped into creeper.
2. You weer terraforming and landed a unit on partly-terraformed terrain.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Jacobkolstad

Link 327 - Unknown Scenario, Lia says taht instead of that.

TLMike

G, that map has no Ore or any other means to create AC, except though the Forge's Singularity weapon. And even that would quickly be overrun by normal Creeper.

Jacobkolstad

I have a couple of pictures from there, but I guess it is an graphic issue.

hapes

TP's trains 02:  Score doesn't change.  Not sure it's supposed to, it's freeplay, but if there is no way to win, I'll always have a yellow triangle.

Grauniad

Quote from: hapes on November 09, 2013, 02:04:55 PM
TP's trains 02:  Score doesn't change.  Not sure it's supposed to, it's freeplay, but if there is no way to win, I'll always have a yellow triangle.
I don't believe that map was fixed after the errors were discovered. It might be best if Virgil considers removing it from the sector.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ninointeli

I have a weird alpha sector glitch....
"Reach for the stars!,And if you don't grab them at least your top of the world!"

TLMike

Ninointeli

Yea every time I click on it it shows my Arc Eternal levels
And when I click on one of them they show me a different level....Some when I click on does nothing.

==EDIT==

Oops it's Tormented Space not Alpha Sector
This is in the wrong thread too .-.
"Reach for the stars!,And if you don't grab them at least your top of the world!"

Kharnellius

Hunter Seeker - Boss

Anyone else have a problem where the text box that tells you how powerful the creeper is, is positioned in a terrible spot on your screen?
http://imgur.com/qHEJJQe

It's too frustrating to play to have that sitting in the way like that.

hbarudi

ok, alpha trickydragon terror not working at all
choosing charge totem without forge and 1 packet into totem nullifies all enemies on the map but no victory, tried to connect all totems, but still no victory
also the box of numbers sitting next where we choose building tabs structure weapons titans and orbital is still there
please fix

alpha the penguin trains freeplay map is still not working, the first one is fixed.

So virgil, please fix those maps.

Spelling and grammar errors in unknown scenario map by link 327 added.

hbarudi

Completed all alpha sector except glitched maps:
I would like to one day in the future to be able to complete those maps.

Karsten75

Quote from: hbarudi on July 20, 2014, 04:36:48 AM
Completed all alpha sector except glitched maps:
I would like to one day in the future to be able to complete those maps.

We all have hopes and wishes. Some are never fulfilled.  Since Virgil didn't create those maps, Since the map authors of the broken maps don't come here anymore, and since Virgil is starting to think about the next game, this wish of yours seems to remain unfulfilled - except if you open the maps in the map editor and fix them. You could then upload them to Colonial Space, since it's also fairly unlikely that Virgil will release a minor update to the Alpha sector as a new push to all the platforms en environments CW3 is sold in.