Game crashed on Custom Map #6076

Started by BilboGCL, October 15, 2018, 07:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BilboGCL

Hi,
The game crashed on map #6076 and as the game asked me to post the crashlog... here are the files!

And as this forum told me, I'm not allowed to upload .dmp files... I renamed crash.dmp to crash.dmp.cw3

Quotecrash.dmp.
You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are gif,jpg,png,cwm,cw2,cw3,kc3,air,dat,zip,rar,ai,psd,pdf,txt,mp3,xml,crpl,prpl,csv,speccy,pf1,log,html,css,cs,qbcl.

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

Karsten75

Couple of  questions and observations.

Typically we don't need or require the crash.dmp file.

It seems that ultimate fail (after many, many exceptions was that you ran out of memory.

It brings to question how long the game has been open and paused/minimized and generally not in use? That can also be deduced from the number of map loads that can be seen in the output log.

I think your issues can be avoided by occasionally restarting the game, and not leaving it in minimized state or leaving it loaded overnight. Unity has a number of documented bugs where some of the errors in the output log arise from the above situations.

If none of the above applied, and you can repeatedly recreate the error after a reboot, please post your machine specifications - just to make sure you're not trying to run the game on a potato. :)

BilboGCL

I tend to forget closing the game, so that's likely the cause! I usually keep the game opened while reading some stuff on the internet, posting to KC-Forum... We once spoke about loosing the fixed frame rate by this behaviour so that got my personal checkpoint to restart. Every now and then I miss this point obviously.

And I only uploaded these three files because an alert window asked me to do so - that was the first time I've seen that, probably because it was well hidden and could only be read while I "Alt-Tabbed"

However, thanks for having a look and
Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!