Custom Map #70: Too Expensive?. By: The_Mell

Started by AutoPost, October 01, 2016, 04:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #70: Too Expensive?

Author: The_Mell
Size: 384x216

Desc:
FREY Limited pushes into redacted space to test some new ship designs. Turns out some cost cuts might be needed. *Info* Edited Simulacrum map (removed unnecessary techs from tree, reduced omnis to 8 and added plasma) No friendly emitters or emergent but no enemy stunners either. Custom ships included: - H-Lathe: twin Lathe with more armor and guns - Wide Stop: has beams and lasers, and is wide - Omaha 2: lots of cannons for beachheads maybe - S-Tanker: unarmed but shielded, and it's long - F19 Base: huge

The_Mell

First try at sharing something.
Of course, my description is too long, but at least it is shown completely on launch.

Difficulty, mh, i would say medium maybe? (For pros, beta testers & co this might read easy)
The start could screw newbies that's why i added additional blue nebula as a retreat area.

Originaly i just wanted to test some custom made ships of mine but then the simulacrum mission turned out to be interesting in my opinion with its start, problem of right ship construction timing, energy starvation and going your way while keeping energy flowing towards your front.
And i want to see what time some speed runner might be able to achieve...  :o

Simulacrum map code for easier copying than from launch screen:
AADe3WBjPHTZKXqahwWAAdgAKD8AAABRAGsAOwEFAwgCAAoFCgAACAUCAAoCAAYBAAMBAQADAQEBAgIODgYPBwgEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==
"Fairies Wear Boots" - Black Sabbath

newcreeper

i love the design of all your ships

is there a way to put your ships in my install directory or to use them on custom missions?

Devil505