Request for Corporation Logo Help

Started by Ben, June 28, 2017, 10:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

:: Messaging Systems Online ::
:: Outgoing Message Sequence Initiated ::
:: Encryption level = 0 ::
:: Recipients = Undefined ::

Good Evening Fellow Commanders, friend or foe.

The Rhodes Imperium has formed over the past several days. We intend to aid in the quest to reclaim redacted space. All who fight the particulate are considered friends.

Unfortunately we have encountered a slight set back recently, our lead designer has fallen ill and is not expected to return for several months. We do not want to delay our development and are actively seeking guidance in the design of a corporation logo. If you or any of your contacts are familiar with the encryption type for these documents, please send a communication in response.

Yours truly,
Ben Rhodes
Imperial Commander of the Rhodes Imperium

:: Sequence Complete ::
:: Delivery Sequence Initiated ::

Dark Ambition

Previous Communique
Quote from: Ben on June 28, 2017, 10:52:48 PM
:: Messaging Systems Online ::
:: Outgoing Message Sequence Initiated ::
:: Encryption level = 0 ::
:: Recipients = Undefined ::

Good Evening Fellow Commanders, friend or foe.

The Rhodes Imperium has formed over the past several days. We intend to aid in the quest to reclaim redacted space. All who fight the particulate are considered friends.

Unfortunately we have encountered a slight set back recently, our lead designer has fallen ill and is not expected to return for several months. We do not want to delay our development and are actively seeking guidance in the design of a corporation logo. If you or any of your contacts are familiar with the encryption type for these documents, please send a communication in response.

Yours truly,
Ben Rhodes
Imperial Commander of the Rhodes Imperium

[close]

To: Ben Rhodes [CDR]
     Subject: RE: Request for Corporation Logo Help

Greetings, Mr. Rhodes. My name is Bethany, I work as the manager of the License Exchange, among other classified operations.

There are many agencies in active engagement with the Particulate, and more fighters are always appreciated. If you wish some advertisement, I recommend joining the Anti-Particulate Union, full of people much like yourself. Here is a link to their cyte, if you are interested.

I hope your LD recovers soon. It's always good to be represented with a nice logo. Ours is undergoing a redesign, in the form of a galactic map. What sort of logo do you wish? If you are interested, I can design a prototype logo for your company.

You say your company is young, only a few days old perhaps. If you are fighting the Particulate, you will need an effective fleet. As of writing this, there is only one registered ship licence under the name of Ben Rhodes, a second class Lathe. It will take time for you to construct your own fleet. If you wish to get into the action as soon as possible, I recommend hiring mercenaries to fight for you. Eclipse Company is one such, and is currently under the contract of GalCorp. Perhaps they can spare vessels or a Legion Commander for you? They follow an Imperial structure as well.

I may be unavailable soon, there is much work. Your reply should be CC'd to my CEO, Timothy Carlisle.

Take Care,
     Adjutant Sierra

Ben

:: Response Sequence Initiated ::
:: Encryption level = 1 (low) ::
:: Intended Recipients = B. Sierra; T. Carlisle ::

Hello Ms. Sierra,

We appreciate the prompt response to our open message and will look further into the APU you speak of when time is less pressing.

There seems to have been a slight miscommunication, however, regarding the logo. Our commander, may he ever prosper, did not have a full grasp of the situation at hand prior to transmitting the prior communique. The issue we are having is our design systems do not appear compatible with the GalCorp database. The Rhodes Imperium logo is in the beta design stage but we would rather not recreate it on GalCorp's rudimentary design module. It would appear that GalCorp has not updated this module to accept current design files, specifically .JPEG, .GIF, or .PNG. Are you aware of a fix for this?

Your suggestion for a possible mercenary fleet is appreciated. We are currently comparing several fleets posted at various galactic outposts and hope to hire at least one while we continue building our own fleet. Speed (both in build time and movement) is of high priority in many of our missions, have you encountered any particularly fast fleets in the License Exchange?

Kind regards,
      Nicole Rose
      Magister Equitem of the Rhodes Imperium

Dark Ambition

Previous Communique
Quote from: Ben on June 29, 2017, 07:32:50 AM

Hello Ms. Sierra,

We appreciate the prompt response to our open message and will look further into the APU you speak of when time is less pressing.

There seems to have been a slight miscommunication, however, regarding the logo. Our commander, may he ever prosper, did not have a full grasp of the situation at hand prior to transmitting the prior communique. The issue we are having is our design systems do not appear compatible with the GalCorp database. The Rhodes Imperium logo is in the beta design stage but we would rather not recreate it on GalCorp's rudimentary design module. It would appear that GalCorp has not updated this module to accept current design files, specifically .JPEG, .GIF, or .PNG. Are you aware of a fix for this?

Your suggestion for a possible mercenary fleet is appreciated. We are currently comparing several fleets posted at various galactic outposts and hope to hire at least one while we continue building our own fleet. Speed (both in build time and movement) is of high priority in many of our missions, have you encountered any particularly fast fleets in the License Exchange?

Kind regards,
      Nicole Rose

[close]

To: Ben Rhodes, Nicole Rose

Greetings,

I am going to assume you are referring to the processor that converts image files to the 32 x 32 corporation logo on the Licence Exchange systems, which is not of GalCorp design, I must say. I attempted this myself, and it seemed to work perfectly, even converting unified .cyte files to images. It may be a systems glitch on your end. Don't take it from me though, i'm not even sure if I read the situation correctly, heh. Whether or not that is the case, there is a support thread on this cyte which is the proper location for such questions.

As for the mercenaries, Eclipse Company ships are ancient vessels from the Seloi Imperium. They were specifically chosen by GalCorp for their versatility. You can see Eclipse Company in action in these scenarios:
Eclipse Company, GalCorp Contract

Here is a link to the official cytes for most Eclipse vessels:
 Eclipse Company

If you decide you wish to hire Eclipse Company, contact Lyle Chryser, the Mercenary Captain. If you decide to not hire Eclipse Company and wish other venues, i'm sure a great many corporations here will be fine with lending you their vessels.

Take Care,
     Caretaker Carlisle

Ben

Hello,

It is quite possibly a systems glitch on our end. We will have our systems engineer look into this.

Does the Eclipse Company have a summary cyte for their ships database? We would be interested to know the build costs of the ships mentioned prior to downloading all the licences. When we have more time at our disposal we will peruse the scenarios enclosed in your previous communique, but a summary cyte would be beneficial in the meantime.

Again, we greatly appreciate the welcome you have provided to our fledgling Imperium.

Kind Regards,
      Nicole Rose

Dark Ambition

Previous Communique
Quote from: Ben on June 29, 2017, 09:51:33 AM

Hello,

It is quite possibly a systems glitch on our end. We will have our systems engineer look into this.

Does the Eclipse Company have a summary cyte for their ships database? We would be interested to know the build costs of the ships mentioned prior to downloading all the licences. When we have more time at our disposal we will peruse the scenarios enclosed in your previous communique, but a summary cyte would be beneficial in the meantime.

Again, we greatly appreciate the welcome you have provided to our fledgling Imperium.

Kind Regards,
      Nicole Rose

[close]

I can have Bethany compile a summary of the cost of everything manually, but it could take a few hours. You should contact Lyle Chryser for this. He Emailed me asking for the specifics of module cost, and relative hull cost for making such a list, so he'd likely have it handly.

Take Care,
     Caretaker Carlisle

OOC: I actually already made this list. I'm posting a Eclipse Company page on my main page when my first and second series' are done, for people to request a map be made, stylized as mercenary contracts.

Some information has been omitted for spoilers, but here.

EDIT: I believe a total of 30 energy per second can travel to a ship at max, so compare that with the Total Licence cost bits on these.

Hastati
1 Engine: 20, 3 Lasers: 30, 2 Cannons: 30
Total Module Cost: 80
Total Hull Cost: 148
Total Licence Cost: 228

Decanus
1 Engine: 20, 4 Lasers: 40, 2 Cannons: 30, 2 Missile Launchers: 40
Total Module Cost: 130
Total Hull Cost: 181
Total Licence Cost: 311

Lathe Immune
1 Engine: 20, 2 Lathes, 6 Lasers: 60, 2 Cannons: 30
Total Module Cost: 160
Total Hull Cost: 223
Total Licence Cost: 383

Discharger Immune
1 Engine: 20, 6 Lasers: 60, 2 Cannons: 30, 2 Dischargers: 50
Total Module Cost: 160
Total Hull Cost: 223
Total Licence Cost: 383

Triarii
2 Engines: 40, 8 Lasers: 80, 6 Cannons: 90
Total Module Cost: 210
Total Hull Cost: 288
Total Licence Cost: 498

Libritor
2 Engines: 40, 7 Lasers: 70, 6 Missile Launchers, 1 Particle Beam: 15
Total Module Cost: 245
Total Hull Cost: 257
Total Licence Cost: 502

Optio
2 Engines: 40, 8 Lasers: 80, 2 Cannons: 30, 4 Particle Beams: 60, 2 Energy Tanks: 10, 1 Port: 25, Grabber: 30
Total Module Cost: 275
Total Hull Cost: 304
Total Licence Cost: 579

Armicustos
3 Engines: 60, 6 Lasers: 60, 1 Port: 25, 2 Guppys: 50, 3 Reactors: 60
Total Module Cost: 255
Total Hull Cost: 392
Total Licence Cost: 647

Centurion
1 Engine: 20, 10 Lasers: 100, 4 Cannons: 60, 4 Particle Beams: 60, 1 Fighter Base: 100
Total Module Cost: 340
Total Hull Cost: 397
Total Licence Cost: 737

Cataphract
2 Engines: 40, 6 Lasers: 60, 4 Cannons: 60, 4 Missile Launchers: 80, 6 Particle Beams: 90, 2 Energy Tanks: 10, 1 Shield: 20, 1 MK7: 100
Total Module Cost: 460
Total Hull Cost: 440
Total Licence Cost: 900

Legatus
2 Engines: 40, 7 Lasers: 70, 4 Cannons: 60, 2 Missile Launchers: 40, 1 Shield: 20, 6 Reactors: 120, 1 MK7: 100
Total Module Cost: 450
Total Hull Cost: 624
Total Licence Cost: 1074
[close]

Ben

:: Intended Recipients = T. Carlisle ::

Hello Ms. Sierra,

We will look further into this. Lyle Chryser is an unfamiliar name, would you be able to send a link to his cyte that we can add to our database?

Kind regards,
      Nicole Rose

OOC: That is a helpful list. When you get around to making an Eclipse Company page, I've found Novus Imperium Corporation's cyte to be the most organized and easy to browse so far. It's nice to have a photo of each ship along with download link, cost and a bit of lore/suggested use. (granted, it's also a bit of work...)

Dark Ambition

Quote from: Ben on June 29, 2017, 11:17:17 AM
:: Intended Recipients = T. Carlisle ::

Hello Ms. Sierra,

We will look further into this. Lyle Chryser is an unfamiliar name, would you be able to send a link to his cyte that we can add to our database?

Kind regards,
      Nicole Rose

OOC: That is a helpful list. When you get around to making an Eclipse Company page, I've found Novus Imperium Corporation's cyte to be the most organized and easy to browse so far. It's nice to have a photo of each ship along with download link, cost and a bit of lore/suggested use. (granted, it's also a bit of work...)

Mr. Chryser doesn't have a reprisenting cyte as of right now, GalCorp has ordered them to take it down in an attempt to exclusify Eclipse Company to GalCorp. Using the messaging system I am currently using, simly inputting "Lyle Chryser [Merc LDR]" will allow you to message him.

Take Care,
     Caretaker Carlisle

OOC: I've seen his page. My page used to be a lot like his when I first made mine. When the ship sharing system was introduced, I deleted the dropbox downloads and images in favor of simply using the exchange image. There are far too many ships in my case (literally 19 pages) to give them backstories, so... yeah :P My page will be completely redone once again when my galactic map is finished, placing the map in the center. It will focus on compactability and simplicity (and getting rid of the myriad of colors, favoring a simple grey), as it will be eventually showcasing six entire fleets. (Trust me, as a guy who designed four of these pages, two being bases for others to customize (Souric, and H.G.R.A [A faction that is also in my maps as main characters.]) and redesigned mine at least thrice, it's not a whole lot of work :P It may take time if it's big, but it's nothing difficult. Unless it actually is, and i'm just creepily good at it.)

Dark Ambition

Also, if you're interested, I recommend looking at this guys ships: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=21980.msg150757#msg150757
Probably the best looking and well balanced ships i've seen.

For the ones you asked if you could use ships for, you should probably PM them, as i think that sends them an Emain notification, instead of forcing you to wait who knows how long untill they come back.