Sounds

Started by bluebolt, December 23, 2016, 04:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebolt

Do we have a resource for listening to each of the weapon sounds? Would be a lot more useful than putting each one in the code and running it in the editor.
Even YOU may survive an apocalypse! Fight back against the creeper today!

GoodMorning

Not yet. If you have CW3, most of the sounds are the same, I hear, and it has an option to listen in the editor.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

bluebolt

Ok, i had run through sounds 1-33 and some sounded like they were from CW3. Still, would be nice to know each sound instead of spending 40 minutes listening to the and trying to figure out what would work better xD

GoodMorning

See http://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:docs:playsound for the CW3 CRPL reference.

The PF wiki is still under construction. If you would be willing to check if PlaySound is different between CRPL and PRPL, and if so, how, that would be appreciated.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

bluebolt

I think the Explosion, retro, weapons, and misc series are the same, however the 'special' sounds in CRPL aren't available in PRPL... This si what you meant right? kindof disapointed because i was making a PRPL version of the beam in CW3  :(

Builder17

You could maybe use discharger module sound instead?

What would that beam target into? How it would effect to its target? Just curious.

Is that beam NPC allied with player or can player control it in some way?

bluebolt

The beam right now just fires lasers at particles, and can be changed to be allied or be an enemy. Really, I made the initial delay, damage per shot, reload, range, and which side it's on all customizable. It's a structure, like the Ticon Defense Turrets. if i could make a gif i would show you, but a screenshot will do.

Edit-the example picture isn't really an in action picture, but in a testing area i made. Also the beam is a redo of the CW3 beam.
The code used was adapted from planetfall's as well