Ship Spawner Translation

Started by 4xC, October 21, 2016, 10:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4xC

Since most of my ship designs take about 5 minutes under ideal conditions to make, I am trying to make hyper-quick benign Ship Spawners to see them in action early in game time. If I ever try to make my own maps, I'll probably include early defense or tag-team offensive push settings with them or  something

I do not fully understand some of the settings however:

What is the difference between initial vs spawn delay?
What is spawn offset?
And what are all those settings from just underneath the attraction field checkbox to the IQ selection?
What happens if you select mission goal for benign ship spawners, or any benign structures for that matter?

I'd also like to know if it would work if I tried a benign spawned ship with a port and many reactors (generator) to help with energy deficits and if so, what energy field range rules I'd have to follow to get it to work right.
C,C,C,C

Relli

I haven't done much if any work in the map editor, but I can answer a couple of these regardless.
Initial Delay is how long it takes for the ship to start spawning once you start the map. Spawn delay would be how long it takes to spawn AGAIN after it's destroyed.
Spawn offset is almost certainly the ability to make the ship start building not directly on top of the spawner itself. It basically means you can choose a starting location for the ship, anywhere on the map. The rest I do not know.

Sorrontis

What is the difference between initial vs spawn delay? Initial is the time until the first spawn. delay is the time between subsequent spawns after the build ship is destroyed

What is spawn offset?if you want to spawn in somewhere away fro mthe ship spawner.

The rest someone else will need to answer.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Oblivion

For the fire multiple I think it means fire rate. I have set it to 0 once on a ship and it just fired missiles with nearly zero delay on it. (Never ever set it to 0 if the ship your making has the big 5x5 gun lol) Personally I think some of those commands are for doppels and just translated into the ship structure maker.
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

4xC

Thanks for the answers.

Now I want to know what each of the AI settings mean.

What it will hunt, where it will go, will it retreat, etc.
C,C,C,C