DAY 17 trickery HELP!!

Started by BoostBreed75, May 17, 2011, 01:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoostBreed75

When you get down to the two pieces of creeper going around the rock square with two emitters inside how do you stop the encircling pair. I have tried everything I have 4 repulsors and 25 blasters down there right not and it's taking forever any ideas? Also I ran out of ore ages ago.

BoostBreed75

I'm pretty sure they're called the hyperdots.

BoostBreed75

Nevermind  ;D figured it out! Just ask if you need help ha ha

Blaze

Please tell how you did it, I bypassed that mission while beta testing by using a save for the day after that mission. :D

UpperKEES

See here how to handle fast moving and instantly moving Creeper.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Arachnea

Hi ! New on the forum, but big fan of CW first and new edition  ;D
I didn't have any trouble with the hyperdots, but I find myself annoyed with the end: creepers in the walls.
I can't save the capsule in time  :'(

What is your strategy ? Use shields before destroying walls ? Use makers x4 ?
My blasters don't stand before creepers and drones... Well, I'm sure I'm not thinking right, so for the first time, I'm asking for a little help  ::)

PS: please forgive my bad english. My mothertongue is french  ;D
PPS: by the way, being able to save the game is wonferful !!!!

Michionlion

yeah... i got all the way to the last chamber and couldn't get enough space to get the pod before it got destroyed...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Krell

The dots??? they stick to the edges and your blasters heal faster. skip past them and destroy the pool that feeds them

Kithros

In the last room you basically just want 5 or so blasters (to kill the drones) and *lots* of fully upgraded range and attack rate launchers; you should also make sure to have enough reactors to support using them for quite a while.  You can use more blasters later on oncce it gets less dense to make it a little faster to clear it all out, but don't have too many blasters firing at the beginning or the launchers get energy starved. Also put a shield in front of the square that you excavate so your launchers don't get flooded with creeper. For that matter, I typically put a shield in front before opening any high density creeper area.

As far as the hyperdots go, you can get rid of them by killing the middle pool, but it's much faster to just ignore it and just not build anything in that area, you don't need to kill all the creeper in that mission.

thepenguin

Quote from: Krell on May 17, 2011, 02:59:00 PM
The dots??? they stick to the edges and your blasters heal faster. skip past them and destroy the pool that feeds them

destroy the pool? are you crazy?

just skip by the hyperdots altogether
We have become the creeper...

thepenguin

Quote from: Blaze on May 17, 2011, 03:16:35 AM
Please tell how you did it, I bypassed that mission while beta testing by using a save for the day after that mission. :D

gaah! why didn't I find that save?
We have become the creeper...

Katra

I found that a line of 6 or 8 blasters will destroy the hyperdots; but there isn't much point. Just move your weapons through and set beacons out of the path of the dots.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

BoostBreed75

For the Last Part I just did the bottom corners and the top I had every nook and cranny filled with blasters and the rocket ones. And up til that bottom room everything had been destroyed leaving me room for energy and techs also I was pumping anti creeper in using shields behind the maker to create pressure. Having a rift down there with several other blasters on standby somewhere else allows you to replenish destroyed blasters. Also I had everything uprgraded ha ha because of all the tech. GO BIG.

Arachnea

Thanks Kithros, I'll try your strategy about the walls full of creepers, hoping I can make it and finish the missions  ;D

Quotedestroy the pool? are you crazy?

I must be, I didn't see you didn't have to kill all the creepers. So I destroyed the pool... But it wasn't that hard with a microrift in the bottom, a good line of blasters and 2 launchers; I got rid of the pool without trouble  :P

ontheworld

The last room was placing 1 shield above the wall I'd dig out (to make it more contained), 10 blasters around the shield, and nabout 20 launchers(fully upgraded) to get rid of the creeper