Blaster effectiveness

Started by DethbyIT, May 16, 2011, 08:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DethbyIT

I've noticed that the old (CW) tactic of creating a group of Blasters and dropping them into a pool of Creeper doesn't seem to work.
It appears as though Blasters will not fire if surrounded by Creeper.
Comments, suggestions, edification?
(Or just tell me to go back to the drawing board  ;D)

Echo51

They fire just fine, they just can't recieve energy, and they don't fire in transit
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

sayaks

and another thing is that you can't just lift them away to safety anymore, because they take damage while flying through creeper too.

Aurzel

very correct, it might not look like they fire because the beam doesnt actually leave the square so you dont see it

Grauniad

The big difference is that in CW1 units flying over creeper did not take damage. In CW2 they fly through the creeper and take damage all the way.

If you drop them relatively near the beginning of the creeper they will clear a patch. They also heal a lot faster than CW1 units.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Sqaz

I think that the problem is that the creeper in CW2 is a lot thicker than in CW1. It still sometimes work to drop blasters in it, but only if the creeper isn't too thick.

Edit: And now I think of it, I mostly paratrooped blasters on higher terrain so the creeper could flow away and you didn't had to deal with new one, but here cause of the always present gravity it's impossible.

DethbyIT

Thank you all for the comments.
Still learning my way through this stuff.
dbit

Katra

Leapfrog tactics are much more applicable than paratrooping. Also easier; because you don't have to wait for collectors to build.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!