Repulsor mechanics

Started by UpperKEES, March 31, 2011, 09:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grauniad

Quote from: Emmote on May 17, 2011, 05:49:57 AM
Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between Short, Medium and Long beams? (Other than the length of course.)

My first guess is power consumption, but I can't seem to notice any difference. My second guess is that the longer the beam, the weaker it gets, but that doesn't seem to be correct either.

Any ideas?

As mthw2vc said: Longer beams use more power. The strength of the beam does not change.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

thepenguin

Quote from: Grauniad on May 17, 2011, 11:52:05 AM
Quote from: Emmote on May 17, 2011, 05:49:57 AM
Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between Short, Medium and Long beams? (Other than the length of course.)

My first guess is power consumption, but I can't seem to notice any difference. My second guess is that the longer the beam, the weaker it gets, but that doesn't seem to be correct either.

Any ideas?

As mthw2vc said: Longer beams use more power. The strength of the beam does not change.

yeah, that 1.5 energy cost for long as opposed to 0.5 for short is a real killer :P
We have become the creeper...

Grauniad

Compare your times to those of mthw2vc and fisherck and you will see that you spoke truthfully.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Karsten75

Quote from: Grauniad on May 17, 2011, 03:35:54 PM
Compare your times to those of mthw2vc and fisherck and you will see that you spoke truthfully.
Zing!

thepenguin

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 17, 2011, 03:37:37 PM
Quote from: Grauniad on May 17, 2011, 03:35:54 PM
Zing!
ouch!
We have become the creeper...