Custom Map #7121: JUBILEE 90th CSM. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, February 25, 2019, 04:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7121: JUBILEE 90th CSM

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Many Regallion's Factories, non-limited amount of bombs but not easy game! Some Armoured Emitters protected by EVIL REINCARNATION! As usual terrain 1=100 and we wish You "Good lu"! :) #BravoCrplGods #BravoVirgil

Twi

I am of mixed thoughts about EVIL REINCARNATIONTM, or at least the sheer amount of creeper that the armored emitters explode with. When it's just the one, having it spill out and grab a bunch of your emitters repeatedly when you take down a life doesn't really add anything other than hassle. If they only had the one life,that might be better. On the other hand, having them reclaiming each other, while more annoying, is also at least marginally interesting to deal with since you have to think about how you approach them.

...Still think they should have one or two lives instead of four or five, though. :P
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Johnny Haywire

Wow, such an epic map! Not an easy one to go through without saving, but it makes it a bit scarier (and therefore more fun) when you come across the surprises. I love the increased amount of creeper that pours out when you capture certain emitters.

Totally love the no-spill zone too! It's great not having creeper pouring all over the map!   :P

Not sure there's anything that I didn't like - it's challenging, but it's a fun challenge. I can understand Twi's perspective and perhaps the bosses could have fewer lives and it'd still be interesting. But as it is, it's definitely a cool map!

Yum, your maps just keep getting better and better! Thanks for your hard work!  ;D ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Todd

The reincarnation was a bit annoying with the trio right next to each other. Not quite as fun. The rest of the map is awesome.

Stargate Network Color

I love this! It greatly adds to replay ability. I find I'm much more strategic now and makes for a more relaxing experience overall. It streamlines things so well that I even replayed this and the last map. I was able to greatly improve my times.

Thanks yum234 (and others)

As always, love your maps, yum234. Never feel obligated to make more for us, but damn your maps are enjoyable.

Lots of creativity with all the features added to the map modes. Takes a lot of talent to design maps to take advantage of those features.

KingGladiator88

Was it just me or did the stargate linkers link the entire networks together?

Todd

Quote from: KingGladiator88 on February 26, 2019, 06:09:58 PM
Was it just me or did the stargate linkers link the entire networks together?

Yes, generic linkers linked all gates for the colors you had linkers on. Hmm. I can't remember if this was the first map with 3 generic linkers. (looks like I made a mistake about this)

Numbered linkers (which weren't on this map) are more recent and more powerful compared to generic. I still think the generic linkers are tactically interesting. It can be fun to have both types on a map.

Taishan

Quote from: Todd on February 26, 2019, 06:46:32 PM

Yes, generic linkers linked all gates for the colors you had linkers on. Hmm. I can't remember if this was the first map with 3 generic linkers.

Numbered linkers (which weren't on this map) are more recent and more powerful compared to generic. I still think the generic linkers are tactically interesting. It can be fun to have both types on a map.

I only found the standard 2 generic linkers. Please do show where you find a third! :) Also, they appear to function the exact same way as they always have?

In my opinion the generic ones are more powerful and even more so the more stargates of the same colour there are. Numbered stargates are very useful for specific paths though.

I thought it was interesting that the last emitter I take is an armored one, which is the exact opposite of the other maps with the armored emitters.

skuge

Fantastic! I love how the gates are connected on hover!! much much easier for strategy!!

Thanks for the great games.

Todd

Quote from: Taishan on February 26, 2019, 09:14:31 PM
I only found the standard 2 generic linkers. Please do show where you find a third! :)

I must be braindead. I looked at my save near the end and I could only see 2 linkers. I tend to move them around as the situation dictates and must have mis-remembered. Alas.

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

last

Taishan

Havn't figured out a way to improve much more on this map so it was time to make a video.

Todd

Soooo.... just noticed that the red crystal is actually a bad thing to have active. It boosts the creeper emitters :( I assumed that the 'dogs power unlocked' or whatever, that it was supposed to be a good thing.

yum-forum

Fresh video from PRG:

The same with 2X speed:

last

Johnny Haywire

QuoteSoooo.... just noticed that the red crystal is actually a bad thing to have active. It boosts the creeper emitters :( I assumed that the 'dogs power unlocked' or whatever, that it was supposed to be a good thing.

Lol... made the same mistake myself when these crystals were first introduced... "Great power will be unlocked" sounds good, right? But not if it's unlocking great power for the opposing team.  :P
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?