Custom Map #1364: Black temple 2

Started by AutoPost, August 18, 2012, 01:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1364: Black temple 2

Author: cha

Desc:

peter

For me this was a great map.  Loved that I did not need to just sit back and wait, was a constant battle to work out the right option for each part of the map.

Must have taken a while to plan and edit, which I admire.

chwooly

So before I down vote on this, How do you get past the launcher room?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

peter

I pretty much used AC for most of the map, with a few blasters where needed, by a few, I do mean 20 or so when it gets to the later stages.  (Remembering that there is pretty much an unlimited supply of AC soon after the start.)

What you choose to upgrade, and when, can make a difference with this map.  Took a few tries to decide which was best to start with.

teknotiss

i had about 80 makers all along the AC path, building them everywhere i couldn't put reactors, just wait til the AC has piled up to a couple of times the creeper density in the room, then launchers are easy to get. taking the time to get LOADS of AC is prob the key to a fast time, but i don't know if i'll replay this one, it's going to be quite long if i do.

(edited for the sake of clarity cos i was tired when i typed it and made a few typo's)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Strubbel

Quote from: chwooly on August 18, 2012, 10:20:50 PM
So before I down vote on this, How do you get past the launcher room?

I got stuck at the same place ;)

You have to build a beacon to reach the AC vacuumers in the lower middle, after that just build AC makers en masse ;)

chwooly

I have to admit, Over all it wasn't too bad a map. I was 1 emitter away from winning when a drone got thru and destroyed my ship and I had to start over but it wasn't that horrible. Thanks for the effort on making this. I think adding a few conversion bombs might have made it a little bit more fun.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Kilroyinc

This is a well thought out map with complex fields throughout.  It is a bit of a slog; however, it does keep you busy.  When you get to the bottom rooms, you have to work fast otherwise the AC builds up to the point it converts to bad creeper before you can clear the room or bring weapons to bear for the next room.  I may play it again to see if I can achieve a better score/time.

TypoNinja

Couple of problem rooms where the fields interacted to make bits of creeper one pixel in size but 100's of millions deep. Also I've completed the map but it's not giving me the win, so apparently I've missed one though I can't spot it.

clbuttic

That's a great battle.

@TypoNinja: Did you forget about the digger gateway?

fitz

A great map, played it 3 times with a view to improving my score, which I did slightly. I suffered with overindulgence with AC production and several times it flips into creeper. Is there a smart way to manage this or is it just a matter of good judgement?

teknotiss

good judgement on this map really, since the fields focus it so much there's not much to do apart from cope with it occasionally. i mitigated it a bit by shielding "upstream" a few secs before a switch so as it switches and hits the shield a large amount of ac builds up to help quickly neutralise the creeper.
just keep moving forwards otherwise.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

TypoNinja

Quote from: clbuttic on August 20, 2012, 06:21:11 AM
That's a great battle.

Yep, that was it, thanks.

Does the AC actually switch to creeper? I only noticed that happened in rooms with the fields teleporting in creeper from other rooms, I thought it was just sending me new creeper on a timer.

JmfR

The launcher tech covers an emitter

teknotiss

Quote from: TypoNinja on August 20, 2012, 03:45:45 PM
Quote from: clbuttic on August 20, 2012, 06:21:11 AM
That's a great battle.

Yep, that was it, thanks.

Does the AC actually switch to creeper? I only noticed that happened in rooms with the fields teleporting in creeper from other rooms, I thought it was just sending me new creeper on a timer.

AC and C are switched to the other state when density reaches 2147M.