Custom Map #9942: Some Spores. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, March 31, 2022, 03:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on April 04, 2022, 04:25:22 PM
WOW

How?

It's been a few days but as I recall, I had packet speed maxed really high and basically burrowed my way through the creeper on the right side to start taking out the spore towers. The spores would wreck my relays but I just kept pausing and rebuilding. Once I cracked some spore twoers it got a lot easier.

wolfgoesmoo

My final setup looked like this:
Spoiler

[close]

Weasee

Quote from: Dark6al3a on April 09, 2022, 04:54:34 PM
But for this map I don't really know why it is high effort
It looks just like another Doodle map

Have you actually tried playing this level? Most people without a deep knowledge of CW3 will find it difficult to complete.

Martin's maps may look minimal, but they are very precisely crafted, and often take a lot of (enjoyable!) hours to beat.

Martin Gronsdal

It gets to a point where one has to ask - what community do we want here?  :-X

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Weasee on April 09, 2022, 07:44:58 PM

Have you actually tried playing this level? Most people without a deep knowledge of CW3 will find it difficult to complete.

Martin's maps may look minimal, but they are very precisely crafted, and often take a lot of (enjoyable!) hours to beat.

Many thanks for kind comments, Weasee. You seem to weasel your way into any map I make  😉

Dark6al3a

Quote from: Weasee on April 09, 2022, 07:44:58 PM

Yeah, Some of his maps look silly but in reality are Deep and challenging
But for this one, Why and how is it 1.[ number ] Rating ?
I don't really know why does some maps have Bad ratings even though they're well done, And have some time spent on them

CS Sure is a strange place.......
Waiting for Something to Happen ?

D0m0nik

The rating issue is very simple, most players are not very advanced and rate any difficult map low. Map makers are generally expierienced players and make challenging maps and so get low ratings. If you can ignore ratings and just make maps for yourself and for the pure pleasure of doing so. Some will like them, some wont, that's life!