Main Menu

New computer?

Started by Chikara, July 24, 2010, 06:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chikara

I bought CW a while back and have been enjoying it ever since. However, my computer needed to be replaced. Can I transfer the game to my new computer? If so, how?

CyberGuy

Try to copy the all file. Put it on a USB-stick and transfer it to your new pc. I think this will not work, but just try it.
If this does not work, send me a pn.

CyberGuy

Echo51

Copy the Creeper world.exe file, and also the save file data which i dont know excactly where is located, but somebody will drop by saying where soon :)
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

UpperKEES

Much better to just install the game onto your new pc like you did on the old one, enter the activation key and install the patches.

The only thing you need after that is to copy all maps and your gamedata.dat file from the old to the new computer. See here for the location.

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Chikara

Thanks! It was the save data I was missing. Without it, the .exe file just gives the "you need to download the game before you run this patch" message.

Thanks again everyone!

Fisherck

I am trying to do the same thing. I saved Creeper World on a USB-stick, and tried it on my new computer, but it wants the activation key (the email was deleted with the activation key  :((not by me)).
Then I tried locating the save file data, but I cannot find it using the method here. My laptop has windows 7 (starter) which might be why that method is not working. Help? :P
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Karsten75

The best way to locate the appdata directory in Windows is to type the following in the address bar of Windows Explorer:

%appdata%\CreeperWorld\

Exactly, with the % signs and forward slashes.

Fisherck

Sorry if I sound stupid, but this is what I did. Picture one shows the address bar I used and picture two shows what came up for it. If that is right, where do I go from here?
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

mthw2vc

Windows explorer =/= Windows internet Explorer. Open a folder, then paste the following code into the address bar of the folder viewer. %appdata%\CreeperWorld\

Fisherck

Okay, I see it :P. Now to see if it works...
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps