Custom Map #9614: CSM 238. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, July 27, 2021, 05:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9614: CSM 238

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about

Riskbreaker

well, i do smile whenever i see your maps :)

toolforger

That isolated island was pretty neat.
One thing annoyed me though: I took it last, so my last five minutes were spent waiting for the spore to whittle down the creep on that island with a single spore. it would have been a nice touch that if the spore tower does not find enough emitters to shoot at, it sends multiple spores on the same tower.

toolforger

Umm... that said: I still love these maps. They're what makes me return to CW on a regular basis.

yum-forum

Quote from: toolforger on July 27, 2021, 09:56:43 PM
Umm... that said: I still love these maps. They're what makes me return to CW on a regular basis.

Very glad. Thanks and Good lu!
Concerning the isolated island it was my mistake that after first destroying of emitter was released too many creeper. Was possible to make 4-5 times less amount of creeper for better balance. 
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

Fresh video of this map created by Dr Gorgee:

last

Weasee

;D ;D ;D Thanks Yum for another fantastic map!
I truly appreciate your dedication to creating maps for this community!

Feroperetic

Quote from: Weasee on July 28, 2021, 07:34:40 AM
;D ;D ;D Thanks Yum for another fantastic map!
I truly appreciate your dedication to creating maps for this community!

CW3 is in my opinion the best in the series mainly because of map makers like Yum!

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: toolforger on July 27, 2021, 09:55:41 PM
One thing annoyed me though: I took it last, so my last five minutes were spent waiting for the spore to whittle down the creep on that island with a single spore. it would have been a nice touch that if the spore tower does not find enough emitters to shoot at, it sends multiple spores on the same tower.

The spore will start firing on it when it's the closest uncaptured emitter.  You have no choice of when to take it.

yum-forum

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on July 28, 2021, 07:21:25 PM
Quote from: toolforger on July 27, 2021, 09:55:41 PM

The spore will start firing on it when it's the closest uncaptured emitter.  You have no choice of when to take it.

Yes! It was initial idea of gameplay.  :)
last

pdnhan2004

Yeah, I agreed. There're still a lot of happiness after all, so keep smiling. Life is so beautiful, for everything we have here  ;D

yum-forum

Quote from: pdnhan2004 on July 29, 2021, 03:16:59 AM
Yeah, I agreed. There're still a lot of happiness after all, so keep smiling. Life is so beautiful, for everything we have here  ;D

First post? WOW. Thanks and Good lu!  :)
last

Johnny Haywire

Yum - what can I say? As brilliant and enjoyable as your maps have always been, somehow you manage to make them even better. Totally blows my mind how balanced this map is, especially at the first. I'm sure there are smarter ways to approach these maps but it's sooo enjoyable to just poke around and see what there is to do. I really love the idea of capturing the boss emitters and being able to use their bonuses too. Makes it more crucial and beneficial to attack them.

The spores are a nice touch. They're not overpowered but they do seem a bit stronger than in other maps (?), which makes them actually functional.

This map is YUMasterpiece!

Thanks for the map!  ;D ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Schizo

Thank you again for an awesome map!  I love these types of maps.  :D

yum-forum

last