Particle Fleet: Emergence — Computer Crash Deleted Unlocks, Kept Stats Intact

Started by Sorenroy, July 01, 2019, 07:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorenroy

Just wanted to bring a quick thing to y'all's attention. While playing Particle Fleet on Steam, my computer crashed (computer issues, not the game). Upon restarting my computer and reopening the game, I saw that my progress in story mode had been deleted. However, all the other progress I had made (IE: achievements, stats, and times*) remained intact. Not sure why a crash would delete the levels I had already completed, and it was easy enough to force unlock and resume where I left off, but I figured I would send this unintended thing your way.

*The best time stat was gone, however searching under a specific level brought up my time on the leaderboards.

Sorrontis

Hi there, could you provide more information?

What version of PF are you running?
What's your operating system?
Is it the steam version, or the standalone?

Thanks!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorenroy

I'm running the current Steam version (1.1.4) on Windows 10. The crash isn't related to the game, I've been having computer issues for a while now, so it's the loss of data rather than the crash that confused me.

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorenroy

Quote from: Sorrontis on July 01, 2019, 09:13:57 PMOdd, but maybe something got overwritten during the restoration?

Maybe, but why would that wipe out the previous 10 or so levels that I had completed fully before the crash (with the game exited and relaunched between several of them)? I've never had a crash in a game reset saved progress. And that includes KC games (I just bought the collection and was playing Creeper World 1). I have to imagine something within the game itself it killing the local data, and if that is so, it is something that can probably be fixed.

GoodMorning

I've had a crash mess with parts of a save in another game, and it may be related to Steam being half-synced at the time?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorenroy

Quote from: GoodMorning on July 01, 2019, 11:02:47 PMI've had a crash mess with parts of a save in another game, and it may be related to Steam being half-synced at the time?

But why would that mess up finished games that had already synced? Does Particle Fleet delete all synced information besides stats and achievements after launching? If I had just started I would understand, but I was already several hours and several play sessions in.

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

The stats are saved in a different file than the unlocks. It may be that you failed to restore both or to restore both to the smae point in time or that one was corrupted and the game recreated it.