Custom Map #2570: Armageddon

Started by AutoPost, November 09, 2013, 12:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2570: Armageddon

Author: TomCat

Desc:
We all know the movie with Bruce Willis. Two teams, each trying to dig a hole in an asteroid, with the intent to shove a nuke into it, to split the rock into two pieces, drifting apart from each other and missing the Earth. Can you get the job done on time?

morkva

I dont understand how the COLONEL was alive 26 minutes and win )))

PMouser

This is imposible i cant dig through all that rock in time and keep the side creeper at bay
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

crg1960

Nice map.  Quick but takes a bit of dancing to get it done.

Strubbel

Quote from: morkva on November 09, 2013, 03:37:54 PM
I dont understand how the COLONEL was alive 26 minutes and win )))

Once you stopped the nexus from charging, the map is quite "save"... So you can go and take a bath and destroy the nexus afterwards, for example ;)

Quote from: PMouser on November 09, 2013, 05:32:47 PM
This is imposible i cant dig through all that rock in time and keep the side creeper at bay

Hum... Simply use the shields and the blasters to hold off the creeper in the small lane, dig through the dense terrain towards the charging nexus and use the CB... No time problem there...

TomCat

Strubbel's got it all right :-)
It's just a little puzzle. A question of taking the right decissions in the right order to be on time.
Spoiler
Pick one of the two sides (no use trying both at the same time. That would be a loss of potential packets). Firstly place a shield near the end of the already dug tunnel to hold off the creeper. Secondly put a blaster right behind it and at the same time start digging the main tunnel towards the Nexus until you reach the CB. Move it outbound and place a shield right before the last piece of rock. Dig through that last piece of rock. Move the CB into the dense creeper and detonate it. The Nexus will stop charging because of a lack of creeper nearby. Dig through the piece of sand towards the emitter to wipe out the creeper there and assist your blaster, though not really necessary. Destroy the Nexus with a beamer and... KABOOM ;-)
[close]