Custom Campaign Question

Started by dd790, October 13, 2011, 10:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd790

1.  Would anyone be interested in a set of story-line orientated maps?

• Felt I should ask as if the answer is no then I'm wasting time even making them.
  • I'm no great story teller but hopefully I can provide a decent story, a couple of twists and of course some fun maps.
  • I'd love constant feedback on my series as then I'll know how to improve

2.  The opening map of the series is pretty much scene setting and thus incredibly easy. Would such a simple map pass the KnuckleCracker uploading rules?

That's all and it's the second I created the thread for an answer to.

Thank you :)

TonyP2000

I always thought of doing a series my self, I just don't have the time to update it, plus I can't make custom characters or tiles. (Which I need for my series).

A story would be cool as long as it is well written. As for your first map, think about if from a game designers point of view, your first map can be easy, just as long it is not an instant win, plus people know how to play the game. If you just want to make an opening scene, you are better off recording a play through and uploading it to YouTube or something. Don't bother posting an entire map if there is no game play.

>Tony
Vote Tony!

Grauniad

Which game? Creeper World 1 or 2? You asked this in the CW1 board, hence my question.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Michionlion

Quote from: TonyP2000 on October 13, 2011, 10:41:32 PM
I always thought of doing a series my self, I just don't have the time to update it, plus I can't make custom characters or tiles. (Which I need for my series).

A story would be cool as long as it is well written. As for your first map, think about if from a game designers point of view, your first map can be easy, just as long it is not an instant win, plus people know how to play the game. If you just want to make an opening scene, you are better off recording a play through and uploading it to YouTube or something. Don't bother posting an entire map if there is no game play.

>Tony

although people do that all the time...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

UpperKEES

For both CW1 and CW2 story-like map series have been created, but any good series will be a welcome contribution.

My advise is to concentrate on interesting gameplay and post your first map when it's done (instead of finishing the entire series first). This way you are able to make some adjustments for future maps in response to the comments posted for that map.

Have fun! :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

dd790

Thanks everyone for the replies

Quote from: Grauniad on October 13, 2011, 10:55:19 PM
Which game? Creeper World 1 or 2? You asked this in the CW1 board, hence my question.

I was thinking of having a series that runs from one to the other.
An example would be a series of maps in CW1 where you fight to the source of the enemy across the world, then a series in CW2 where you have to then fight down to the true source.
Both would be self contained story lines if you only have 1 game but you'd get more story with both games.

Quote from: UpperKEES on October 14, 2011, 10:02:39 AMMy advise is to concentrate on interesting gameplay and post your first map when it's done (instead of finishing the entire series first). This way you are able to make some adjustments for future maps in response to the comments posted for that map.

I have yet to make any map so this would be a very good idea as maps I make may simply not be considered fun by the community. I will work on a short series of maps to see if I can make maps the community enjoys before I try to make a whole series of maps