Custom Map #7593: Sleeper Canyon (Harder Version). By: Jason Stevens

Started by AutoPost, July 19, 2019, 11:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7593: Sleeper Canyon (Harder Version)

Author: Jason Stevens
Size: 210x120

Desc:
This is a sleeper map that is based upon Sleeper Canyon, except this one's more difficult. You'll be up against 3 sleeper CNs instead of 1. Two will be in the center and one will be a little north of center. #Runner #Spore #Sleeper

Johnny Haywire

Wow, I can't believe this map has zero comments. It's a really great map for testing your Sleeper skills, but if you don't like Sleeper maps just move on...

What's great about Sleeper maps is that the AI doesn't always do the same thing... and it's slightly intelligent, and it grows in strength as the game goes on, just like a normal player does.

What's not so great is that once you kill a Sleeper node, the game is over. As far as I know, there's no other way around that so it's not the mapmaker's fault.

What I loved about this map is that it really requires a good bit of thinking. What I didn't love is that thinking requires
Spoiler
building a base on each side and maxing out your collectors
[close]
because I really don't like to focus on two things at once. But given the layout of this map, I don't know any other way Jason (the map making dude) could've designed it and made it challenging.

If you really can't figure out this map (guessing from the # of downloads and the very few scores) you should try playing other, easier Sleeper maps first to see what essential upgrades you'll need to focus on.

Once you figure out the strategy of this map it'll be pretty easy.

Thanks so much for the map, Jason! You've managed to make a Sleeper map that wasn't super-easy and that's not super-easy to do!  ;)    ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?