Custom Map #2939: Protector. By: JoaoPistori

Started by AutoPost, December 24, 2015, 12:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2939: Protector

Author: JoaoPistori
Size: 128x128

Desc:
Defend the tech pods! Each one you colletc will give extra score and tech, and each one you lose will give negative score! Don't worry if you have lost 4 or 5 tech pod, they aren't necessary for winning or losing. Advancing units over this beautiful terrain is a great sensation! Let's see who can defend all the 6 tech pods and get a nice score!

RrR

Well I managed to save a grand total of one pod. Energy is limited at the beginning, and I was focused on surviving.
Spoiler
Did manage to nullify the far spore tower and adjacent emitter before the walls decayed
[close]

JoaoPistori

I managed so hard to defend 5 pods and scored around 5500 points, 45 minutes game time (obs: pods I rescued and lost should give a total of 3200 points)... if someone knows better about CRPL and the game scoring, could please answer my question?

I think it is not adding the score to the final game score. Should I use SetAdditionalScore instead of AddAdditionalScore command? Here is the CRPL objective and what I did.

CRPL objective: Increase or decrease score, depending on how the core was destroyed.
Variables:

$PositiveScore:500
$NegativeScore:-500

[...] if destroyed by the creeper:
AddAdditionalScore <-NegativeScore
[...]

[...] of rescued by the player:
AddAdditionalScore <-PositiveScore
[...]

Builder17

Should you use GetAdditionalScore command and then put additional score into stack and GetScore into another stack and then add command to add these two together?
But this should happen only once after all pods have been taken.
Something like:
GetAdditionalScore ->Additional
GetScore ->Score
<-Score <-Additional add

Doug

Tough one, only managed to save one pod. Not sure what the strategy is for the others? Very fun map.