Custom Map #861: The Rinser of Winds. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, August 02, 2017, 08:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

I've written one for that before, but the graphics were ugly. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Regarding K, it's typical Sorrontis:

Spoiler

It spawns an energy pod if K is being held as the game clock passes a multiple of 15sec. So, it can trigger four times a minute.
Spoiler

Occasionally, it will spawn other things (exactly what is tied to the game clock). Free amp gem, anyone?
Spoiler

Nothing is reliably free in a Sorrontis map, though.
[close]
[close]
[close]
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

ChaosMaster130

Oh that was a thing? I kind of beat the map without it  :o
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

Sorrontis

Ha! Definitely. That's why it was hidden :) I would never put something that's required to win the map as hidden feature. I'm a horrible map maker (as per the ratings) but I'm not that horrible  8)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Lisimba

First map I've rated a 10, as far as I can remember. Great challenge.

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

tanelorn

Sorry but I hate this map. Your derelicts release particulate that are nuclear. A single particle from them will destroy a battleship. They take massive damage to kill a single little red dot. You simply don't have enough resources to stop the derelicts from exploding in time either.

Sorrontis

Johnny Haywire

Apparently, I went for the "hard start" first, but I'm not sure what's hard about it. It's just more like:
1) Plan to get wiped out when the derelicts activate.
2) Warp in, rebuild and keep building that massively huge 99 ship.

*The Exp 99 ship has NO lathes, in case you're misled by
QuoteEdit: Oh, and the Exp99 start is my new best friend - that many lathes, cannons and dischargers is a huge help.

Before playing this map, I'd recommend buying a new computer. It was so slow that I just let it run for 15-30 minutes at a time and did actual work-life-important-stuff while waiting for things in the game to happen.

Once you capture the fireworks kill switch (in the lower right area), you're pretty much set. Just kill the emitters that pop up and let stuff happen from there.

I... have mixed feelings about this map. Loved the ships, and the strategic solutions required. Really didn't like the random stuff or the lag. Overall, especially considering the epic nature of the map, I'd have to give it the ol' thumbs up.

Whew! 39 more Sorrontis maps to go!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Sorrontis

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on August 30, 2018, 12:38:40 AM
[...] Whew! 39 more Sorrontis maps to go!  ;D

Oh boy, I better finished with RL work so I can torture you more! :D

As always, that's for all the little reviews and keeping my spirits up while I can't enjoy my time ... work is mean to me.

Johnny Haywire

He SPEAKS!  :o

Aye, I've been captured by Turkish-Tibetan Terrorists who have given me the choice of gnawing off all my fingers and toes before they kill me, or (in their own words): "You also either choice having of being victor to total each map by impossible map-maker 'Sorrontis' but if you having lose then Barkhan Zo Ming will gnaw fingers of you instead!"

So I figured, hey... playing your maps might be as painful as the other option, but at least playing your maps will keep me alive longer.

Oh, and did you see Map # 404? I was so happy about that one.  8)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?