Custom Map #724: A Long Break. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, April 03, 2017, 08:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #724: A Long Break

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 90x500

Desc:
Wow, I haven't made a map in a long time haven't I! #HugeShip #PRPL (minor, doesn't affect you directly) #LotsOfLove #PossibleLag (for slower systems)

Sorrontis

I expect a butt-ton of rage quits on this map. Enjoy!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

stdout

Certainly was a surprise at 7 minutes in but thankfully you provided nice ships to counter the enemy's attack. Great game!

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

ChaosMaster130

Alright cleared in 14:30. Pretty fun map.
I gotta admit, my face when I first saw the surprise was something  :P
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

GoodMorning

Well, it took me a few "Newgame +-"s to realise that it was possible to saw off half of the behemoth if done correctly, and that the core was then vulnerable.

Eventually I advanced far enough to destroy it with particles.

The walls were irritating, were they multiplied so far that it was one shot per frame per cannon?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Johnny Haywire

I really liked this map! The Big Ship is pretty cool - It's like a viscous glob of ominous doom slowly trickling down the drain pipe of inevitable despair.

Except that the rockets you gave us are so cool. I dunno what all this "saw half of the ship" is about - all you need to do is...
Spoiler
Just fly one rocket at about a 35-degree angle from one side of the map right into the core of the ship (i.e., there's a lot less armor if you don't ram it exactly straight-on) and it'll die with only one rocket, and maybe even a little health to spare - so you can reuse your rocket like Elon Musk. And then you can use the second one to smash those bothersome walls right in their core too. EZPZ.
[close]

P.S. - I'm working from your lowest-rated maps up, so they're actually getting a bit easier! Yay and stuff like that.  :D

Great map, dude! Keep up the good work!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?