Too many gateways?

Started by albrittbrat, April 02, 2012, 12:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albrittbrat

I am trying to make a map that uses stacked units. (up to 8 emitters and 5 gateways on a single cell)
For some reason, the drones are inconsistent. On every other map I have ever made, I could just leave the default Rpt value at 0 with a single item on the Drone schedule and the gateways would always put out a continuous stream of drones until destroyed. That is to say, as I blew them up, more came out.
On this map, there are 36 gateways. No matter how I set up the schedule and the Rpt value, the gateways on this map will only put out number of drones in the "Drone Limit" each, then when those are destroyed, they stop putting out more. Then on the top middle and middle cells (the last two), they put out only the stronger ones consistently. I have no idea what is causing this.
Ebon_Hart suggested I set up two drone schedules per gateway, the first one having a Rpt of 0, then the second one having a Rpt of 999999, which I also tried, but it did not change anything.
I was just wondering if there is a limit to the number of Gateways you are allowed to functionally have on the same map, or if this is a bug.
I have attached a copy of the map. In it's current state, the emitters are blocked off and the gateways are not stacked for testing purposes. In the finished versions, the gateways in all the cells but the middle will be on top of the emitters.
Thanks in advance!

knucracker

I've not looked at your map, but one more piece of info that may be important to you:
There is a global limit of 200 drones per map regardless of any other settings.  So you should not be able to create more than 200 drones at any one time on a map.

lich98

I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

albrittbrat

Wow, I did not know that either! That is probably it, I will rework the map around this. Thanks for the info Virgil!  ;D

Katra

I was making a custom map trying to take advantage of this global drone limit and I seem to have found a bug. When my map reached the drone limit the phantom time counter froze and the phantoms did not launch. I have several gateways all with at least one phantom (mostly as a cover for why a gateway is present without drones) and some with drones as well. Two at the bottom with lots; and those nearer the top with longer intervals intended as a sort of conditional trigger. (Start killing drones from the two chambers with lots and other gateways start spitting out drones.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!