Custom Map #852: FTL: The Rebellion. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, July 23, 2017, 11:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #852: FTL: The Rebellion

Author: Decagon
Size: 384x216

Desc:
You carry with you information vital to the survival of the Federation. As you refuel at the first Federation Outpost you come across, your stay is cut short by blaring warnings and sounds of weapons fire. The Rebel Fleet approaches...

speef

Map was fun but easy until it ramped up to Suddenly Impossible.  Maybe that's supposed to be a hard time limit?  Ugh.  I was looking forward to figuring out how to assault the last bit, but I'm not going to replay it 100 times so I can have 5 minutes left to do one corner.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: speef on July 23, 2017, 01:06:54 PM
Map was fun but easy until it ramped up to Suddenly Impossible.  Maybe that's supposed to be a hard time limit?  Ugh.  I was looking forward to figuring out how to assault the last bit, but I'm not going to replay it 100 times so I can have 5 minutes left to do one corner.

Uh, you're not supposed to be assaulting that bottom right corner; it's supposed to be impossible. All you have to do is collect the info cache in the top left.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

TECHNO 1

Quote from: Keeper Decagon on July 23, 2017, 02:56:43 PM
Quote from: speef on July 23, 2017, 01:06:54 PM

Uh, you're not supposed to be assaulting that bottom right corner; it's supposed to be impossible. All you have to do is collect the info cache in the top left.
oh
After reading speef's message i was afraid to play the mission
I make CRPL because coding is my newest hobby

Exodus Legate

That was a fun little mission- some nice quirky ships.
If I had one main criticism, it would be that a lot of the time seemed to be spent waiting for things to be lathed.

cpaca

Good map! 
Some notes. 
A) [sarcasm] YOU LIAR! THE SUPER-CAPITAL SHIPS DON'T APPEAR AT 15:00! THEY APPEAR AT 15:08 [/sarcasm] 
B) I had fun with my little challenge - I think it might be possible to 16-minute this map. I got a 15:16.2 and noticed a lot of time spent [after KEEP PLAYING] where the HQ is not being attacked due to the ships not having their MK7 yet. 
I'll update you if i can get a 16:00 time. 
EDIT: I got 15:44.3 It seems really hard [if not impossible] to get 16:00. I found the gap is around 16:03 then you die. Really small gap. It's possible, i know that much. 
Won't post 15:44.3, so here's a pic.
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

toolforger

Hm. Tells me I am "clear to jump", but the game does not end.
I rushed past all the ships, killing only those that were a direct threat to the final position, never bothering to mire land or lathe anything except the info cache.

What did I miss?
Ah ok, it seems to be the omnis.

Map is nice if you know what to do, but if you don't, it's frustrating because you'll be racing around trying to make something happen until the supercaps get you.