Custom Map #101: Multitask 2

Started by AutoPost, August 28, 2011, 03:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #101: Multitask 2

Author: Sqaz

Desc:
50% more planets for you to handle, based on: 1: Assault 2: Day 17: Trickery 3: MD 1 (by Fisherck) 4: Minion Surprise 5: Abyss 6: Space Invaders Multitask and win, or monotask and lose.

Colin

Sqaz, I love these maps! They are a lot of fun!

Could you make a 8x one next?  :P
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

Katra

I'm getting nowhere fast. I can contain all the sections (If I get everything just right) except the space invaders. They summarily squash me at 4 minutes no matter what I try.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Sqaz

Quote from: Katra on August 30, 2011, 01:46:00 AM
I'm getting nowhere fast. I can contain all the sections (If I get everything just right) except the space invaders. They summarily squash me at 4 minutes no matter what I try.

Just try to get two launchers up before 2 minutes and you'll be fine.

florrat

I liked this map too! It was pretty tough, though, and it took me a few tries.

Ebon Heart

I can hardly walk and chew gum! This map kicked my butt. Nice map though. :D I still haven't beaten any of your multitask maps though... :/
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Kithros

There are easy ways to deal with pretty much all of the rooms - in the assault room you can build a repulsor pointing down to hold off all the creeper from reaching any of the weapons (this also gives you room to nullify the emitter too since it doesn't spread all the way around), and in the MD1 room the emitters take long enough to turn on that you can build shields around them in time, and then easily nullify them and finish the creeper off with a launcher. As far as the space invaders go, if you ever *really* get stuck with them, then you can build another microrift above the space invaders and let them land and use a few blasters/launchers to hold the creeper off from the top (not recommended since you'll probably lose reactors this way).

The other rooms are pretty non-threatening and can be held off with minimal difficulty for enough time to get energy production going. 1 maker 1 blaster (or launcher) for the day 17 room, and 2 repulsors + occasionally replacing shields for the minion surprise room (no need for blasters to kill the drones until you intend to push forward - you can easily replace shields inbetween the drone waves), and abyss isn't at all threatening unless you dig somewhere you shouldn't.

Katra

Finally beat it. (When I first posted I had figured out that building another micro rift was probably the best way to beat the space invaders; just hadn't managed to get it done.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

MadMurphy

This map was a lot of fun. I found a neat trick on the space invaders part to make it easier to manage.

Recorded my second play through of this map.