Custom Map #8242: Tseno Ureno 2. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, March 24, 2020, 03:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8242: Tseno Ureno 2

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 256x256

Desc:
Now without the mistake that ruined the whole point.

lividbishop

Could I get a clue on this one? 

I just cannot figure it out.  I got this far...

Its a clever one. 

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: lividbishop on March 24, 2020, 07:49:43 PM
Could I get a clue on this one? 

I just cannot figure it out.  I got this far...

Its a clever one.

yes of course, the key here is to
Spoiler
make sure you pick up all the items, and you need the Command Node for that
[close]
thank you for playing

anurag

How do I land the command node, no where to land.. Cant hover without a landing area

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: anurag on March 25, 2020, 06:17:26 AM
How do I land the command node, no where to land.. Cant hover without a landing area

Clear land for it

anurag

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: anurag on March 25, 2020, 07:31:43 AM
No place dude.. can you point it on the map.

yes, the square with the emitter, at the west coast.

Whistler

wow i finished it lol
how i destroyed the main objective i doubt is the way you designed it

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Whistler on March 26, 2020, 01:40:18 AM
wow i finished it lol
how i destroyed the main objective i doubt is the way you designed it

Spoiler
you had energy left in guppies? Tell how
[close]

marvinitfox

Ok, disregard below: i'm an idiot

Ok, whats the trick to killing that emitter on the west coast?

As far as I can see, i need to put a relay directly SW of the emitter, to power the neutralizer, to kil it.
Ok, fine.
So i have cleared creep from around the emitter. both the north clear area and that horrid mesh grid to the E are creep-free.
I have cannons, with ample power, in every single position around the emitter.
Reserve units with full charge are flying overhead, ready to drop down instantly to replace an energy-spent unit.

and STILL the emitter manages to kill my relay repeatedly. Usualy before I can get it build, *****ALWAYS***** before a single charge packet can pass through it to the neutralizer.

I even made sure I have al my cannons set to not recharge ammo, to ensure all energy packets are reserved for the relay chain.

Still the emitter manages to kill my relay through the concentrated fire of the cannons around it.

What am i doing wrong??

Trying this sort of thing:

Whistler

Spoiler
i used the forge to draw the creep away and brought in my command center to build the emitter destroyer but had to move the command center back to charge up to finish it
[close]

for the west coast emiter just destroy the nullifier floating in space and relocate

marvinitfox

Quote from: Whistler on March 26, 2020, 01:27:55 PM
for the west coast emiter just destroy the nullifier floating in space and relocate

That.... but  .. I.....

:o

:'(

Hangs head in shame, shambles off into the Wilderness...

Martin Gronsdal

Spoiler
i used the forge to draw the creep away and brought in my command center to build the emitter destroyer but had to move the command center back to charge up to finish it
[close]

Spoiler
Spoiler
do you mean that you first used guppies to destroy emitter on west landing zone, then cleared the east landing zone, landed there, but had to go back to the west landing zone for a while, the east again to destroy the inhibitor?
[close]
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: marvinitfox on March 26, 2020, 01:59:37 PM

That.... but  .. I.....

:o

:'(

Hangs head in shame, shambles off into the Wilderness...

Spoiler
Spoiler
click on the nullifier off the coast and destroy it. Now you can build new nulliefiers from your weapon menu. OK?
[close]
[close]

Johnny Haywire

Thought this was a pretty cool map... had a few not-crazy-challenging puzzles to it as well.

Tried doing the entire map with no pausing but the very end was a little tricky and it was getting late. Had to pause a few times to set the berthas.  :-[

I know a lot of people may not like the limits on the units, but you can build blasters and beams ad infinitum so go for it. It's not an easy map by any means, but it's cleverly done and isn't in the top 100 most difficult maps, that's for sure.

Well done, Martin - and thanks for taking the time to make a map that provides a little different kind of challenge!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?