[Creeper World III] Demo works, but main game doesn't

Started by WhatNow, September 27, 2020, 05:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatNow

I've a problem with CWIII - I'm on Linux, demo works fine, but main program just briefly shows a black window and then closes.
I know my hardware is outdated, but since demo works, I though there might be a way to run main game as well.
My OS is Ubuntu MATE, 18.04.

I'm attaching my ~/.config/unity3d/Knuckle Cracker LLC/Creeper World 3/Player.log file, but I guess the relevant part is this one:

GL: disabling shadows on old Intel GPU (buggy)
GL: disabling framebuffer blit, antialiasing, SRGB on old Intel
GL: Detected 384 MB VRAM
PlayerInitEngineGraphics: GPU not supported; OpenGL 2.0 is required. Your GPU (Mesa DRI Intel(R) G33 ) or OpenGL drivers only supports OpenGL 1.4
Failed to initialize player

I'm running Steam version of the game. Attaching the output of hardware-listing commands as well.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for creating the game! Played both CWI and CWIII a lot on previous PC, love it!

Karsten75

Turns out that when the full game was updated with bug fixes and a more recent version of Unity, the Demo was not also updated. This is unlikely to change ever.

However, for Steam users, the older version of the game, compiled with the samve version of Unity is available on Steam.

QuoteThe demo was built with Unity 4.3.   The current version of CW3 was built with unity 5.2.  However, that older version 208 that K75 gave instructions for was built against Unity 4.3 (same as the demo). So if the demo works, then there is a fair chance that version208 of the game will work.  Unity changed their minimum opengl requirement to 2.0 for Unity 5.9

Also the change log is here:  https://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/patches.php

WhatNow

WhatNow