Thor Energy Conflict (Minor Issue)

Started by 4xC, June 05, 2014, 08:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

The fire rate is reduced in that case, because it can't request the packets fast enough.

The "Guppy" idea was for a Thor to be able to send only Ammo packets out. So, it can't build that Terp/Relay that you need under an AET, but it can keep the Terp/Mortar that you fly in supplied.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Shockblast DX

That gets me thinking on the idea for an Odin ship. Would that have to have higher energy request, or is it something else?

GoodMorning

If you refer to your series, then it is futile for we others to guess, as we don't know about the series. Odin City was functionally a CN, with attendant small power output. Another Titan? I would make it an AC-vore, as the Thor runs at 1 packet/frame. Or perhaps it could eat Aether... Too hard, though.

Shockblast DX

I'm thinking that it uses Ammo, AC, and Aether, but for the Aether, it has to have a special unit that converts the Aether into something like an Ammo packet. The Forge already uses the Aether, so we could set it up to use that, or we could do something entirely different.

GoodMorning

Beware the Forge, but nothing else absorbs Aether, and there can only be one Forge. Probably for Aether pathfinding. So, piggyback off the Forge (have fun, don't know the var names), or skip aether, or fake it.

Shockblast DX

Well, we could have the totems give one Aether packet to only one unit at a time. Of course, that would slow down the Forge use, so you might want to deactivate the unit every once in a while.

GoodMorning

I don't know that Totems are targetable. Fake Aether? This could be generated at the same time as normal, allowing both entities to exploit the Rift Space opening.

Look at the PaC template for the selectability, but this can also be used for movement or other command sensitivity.

Shockblast DX

It's either that, or a different type of Totem.