andvanced unit orders

Started by midnite111, July 23, 2011, 09:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnite111

I was thinking about what i would like in CW2 and out of many things this kept coming back: I would like to be able to take a blaster or mortar and select it to only fire at creeper in a certain area. like lets say i have two blasters near a emitter, im running low on ammo,   there is another emitter just up the hill not far away.  Well i would like to be able to select one blaster fire at the nearest emitter and have blaster 2 provide covering fire for blaster 1. With mortars i have one mortar on a hill next to a pool full creeper also with in the mortars range is a flat plane with creeper spreading over it instead of the mortar firing at the pool and plane i would like to be able to tell the mortar to only fire at the pool and when the pool is empty deactivate temporarily to save on ammo, and then reactivate when the pool is full again. Basically i would like to be able to give units advanced orders  I think this wold give a more strategic sense to the game

I am nowhere near knowing how to program and how possible would this be computer wise?
that's all i have to say for now please tell me what you think of this. :)

Ebon Heart

Quote from: midnite111 on July 23, 2011, 09:00:53 PM
I was thinking about what i would like in CW2 and out of many things this kept coming back: I would like to be able to take a blaster or mortar and select it to only fire at creeper in a certain area. like lets say i have two blasters near a emitter, im running low on ammo,   there is another emitter just up the hill not far away.  Well i would like to be able to select one blaster fire at the nearest emitter and have blaster 2 provide covering fire for blaster 1. With mortars i have one mortar on a hill next to a pool full creeper also with in the mortars range is a flat plane with creeper spreading over it instead of the mortar firing at the pool and plane i would like to be able to tell the mortar to only fire at the pool and when the pool is empty deactivate temporarily to save on ammo, and then reactivate when the pool is full again. Basically i would like to be able to give units advanced orders  I think this wold give a more strategic sense to the game

I am nowhere near knowing how to program and how possible would this be computer wise?
that's all i have to say for now please tell me what you think of this. :)
This would cause a lot of balancing issues. For example, launchers fire at the deepest creeper, which means they can't defend themselves very well, since they're normally firing deeper into a pool of creeper. Which means you have to use blasters in coalition with launchers to be effective. If you could choose where to fire, launchers would be much more effective in many different cases.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!