[Question]Playing Custom Maps feature

Started by T86157, February 06, 2010, 03:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T86157

I have beaten all 55 levels of the Story, Special OPS, and Conquest and have version 0346 but I don't see a feature where I can play custom maps.  I do see a feature on 'double down' mode but did I miss a relic or survival pod that enables me to play custom maps?

Also: I have Creeper World Map Editor Version 0354 if that makes a difference since my CW is 0346.

Sauffaus

Launch the game, and on the title-screen in the top right, you see 4 green buttons:
STORY, CONQUEST, SPECIAL OPS, CUSTOM MAPS...

Look at attached image.

T86157

Yeah, mine does not have 4 buttons on the top right, only the "Story" "Conquest", "Special OPS" but I do have full version.  Before I had the demo and I'm not sure if that somehow messed up my full version when I installed it because I still had demo installed.

Also: I don't have that "Launch Custom Games" button either on the bottom right.  I have the map editor and have the features such as "Deploy Working Map to Game" but does nothing if I have the game running or not.

Sauffaus

mmm... I can't answer that... perhaps a bug.

You should post your environment. Like what OS you use, what Creeper- World/Map you have, and which version of Adobe Air you run.
That info will help in tracking down a potential bug.

T86157

Homebuilt desktop

Adobe Air version: I believe is 1.5.3-I just went to the adobe site to download and check to see I have latest version and the message came up saying that I do have the latest version (which would be nice if they told me what version number that is)

As for Creeper-World/Map? I'm not sure what you're asking, I have the full version: I just completed all 55 missions from "Story" "Conquest" and "Special OPS" today and the only thing that I unlocked was the double down mode, not any "play custom maps" option so I'm unsure if I picked up a relic or survival pod which could have triggered the option to become available to me.  The last map I played, which unlocked double down mode, was "KC" under the "Special OPS" section.

Aurzel

its probably a problem with your 'main' file, dont worry it happens to a few people, you should try removing the demo and reinstalling the full game

knucracker

Glad you enjoyed the full story mode and all of the other missions.  They were TONS of of work to implement and complete.  You wouldn't believe the toil and sweat that went into this little game.  It often takes more effort to make something small and 'tight' than to make something big and expansive with lots of flashing lights. :)  One of my favorite quotes from Benjamin Franklin:
"I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead".
In the end, though, the support of this community has helped make it all worthwhile.

Anyway, that Custom Maps button is hard coded in version 0346.  If you have the main.swf from 0346 you will have that button. 

Siccles

or he has the old hacked version of the game (as I had once) where the button isn`t there.

If it isn`t the case sorry for bringing it up

ontheworld

ontheworld

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 19, 2010, 03:30:01 PM
Quote from: ontheworld on April 19, 2010, 02:50:51 PM
how do i get levels in the game?

What levels?

custom, that's were this topic is about, isn't it?
I found out already

Karsten75

Quote from: ontheworld on April 21, 2010, 02:49:47 PM
Quote from: Karsten75 on April 19, 2010, 03:30:01 PM
Quote from: ontheworld on April 19, 2010, 02:50:51 PM
how do i get levels in the game?

What levels?

custom, that's were this topic is about, isn't it?
I found out already

Did you mean custom maps? It's confusing if you say levels and mean maps.