[CW3] Hotkey to bring up game menu needed

Started by CuAnnan, November 12, 2013, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CuAnnan

This feature was sorely lacking from both the previous games, can we get one added to this one please?

teknotiss

Quote from: CuAnnan on November 12, 2013, 05:22:20 PM
This feature was sorely lacking from both the previous games, can we get one added to this one please?
do you mean in game? if so there's a click button labeled "menu" that gives the option to leave the map. to the left of the mission timer.
or do you mean a hotkey for menu?
a little more clarity in posts is nice  :)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

CuAnnan

Quote from: teknotiss on November 12, 2013, 05:31:43 PM
do you mean in game? if so there's a click button labeled "menu" that gives the option to leave the map. to the left of the mission timer.
or do you mean a hotkey for menu?
a little more clarity in posts is nice  :)
I mean a key. I shall edit the opening post to clarify.

eduran

Agreed, a hotkey to bring up the menu would be nice.

teknotiss

ok, but this more a suggestion for a future patch so i'd recommend reposting in this thread...
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14191.0

threads last post
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14191.105

the support forum is more for broken things rather than additional things.
later dudes  8)

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

CuAnnan

Then KC need to fix the forum landing page.
I'm new here. I'm a software engineer. I went to the most logical place for Bug tracking and request features. Support. Not gameplay discussion.

Grauniad

Quote from: CuAnnan on November 13, 2013, 02:27:42 PM
I'm new here. I'm a software engineer. I went to the most logical place for Bug tracking and request features. Support. Not gameplay discussion.

KC is an army of one. We make do with advice, friendly attitudes and not standing on unverifiable, meaningless credentials.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

teknotiss

Quote from: Grauniad on November 13, 2013, 02:40:33 PM
Quote from: CuAnnan on November 13, 2013, 02:27:42 PM

KC is an army of one. We make do with advice, friendly attitudes and not standing on unverifiable, meaningless credentials.
and logic dictates that the search box would be a good information node to interrogate  ::)

seriously CuAnn we are a (mostly) nice bunch who are happy to help, and Virgil(KC himself!) is not averse to suggestions and contructive criticism, but "you catch more flys with honey..."etc
being prickly will result in other prickly responses. (speaking from experience here dude :))

edit: did you add it to the suggestions thread? you should, it's a good, and probably doable, suggestion

JF-T

Esc or F10 i think did it for the previous games, but i don't remember. at any rate, either would be wonderful for the menu hotkey :D
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps