Main Menu

Aftermath

Started by slpk, February 08, 2010, 10:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slpk

At the end of every game, I've always wondered what would happen to the whole network now that the city is gone and the packet flow stops, how the figthers keep fighting until their last bullet while the creeper slowly invades and finally dominates the whole place. How the capped emmitter suddenly bursts destroying everything around it and where the drone is going to land now that his base is gone.

I think it would be nice to, at the end, have a button popup indicating that you beat the level. That way, if you wanted to proceed to the performance graph you'd just press the button, else you'd be able to stay in that window until the creeper took every space possible.

SPIFFEN

This is pointless , the aim of each map is the get away as fast as possible ,
who cares what happends in the map after you get away .

You get score after how fast you get away from the map ,
not what you build to manage to get away .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Karsten75

What is interesting is the story line concept of humanity fighting the creeper. If we are, then we should be able to secure a planet and leave it behind with the creeper dominated.  Getting away as fast as possible implies defeat and retreating to another planet.  I would like to see the installation of a permanent power source that can stay after Odin City leaves, so that the planet is secure from the creeper.

slpk

SPIFFEN,
Well, If I wrote this is because I care. I think it's fun to watch how the creeper reacts to the last figthers and how it spreads in general. If you don't, then cotinue that way.

I'm not playing this to beat the best time/score, but to have fun and this is one of the tinhgs I'd find amusing.
I get that the planet you just left is history and you should move ahead but I'm talking about the simulation part, how it all comes together.

Aurzel

its not all about the scores spiffen, i think siccles is being a bad influence on you

betadata

I always felt bad leaving the poor network behind to be overrun by creeper. I wish they would have been sucked in too.

Mrmcdeath

To see it I think another way is to put Odin City on a high place away from your network so that its not connected, then watch what happens.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

Karsten75

Quote from: Mrmcdeath on February 08, 2010, 07:50:53 PM
To see it I think another way is to put Odin City on a high place away from your network so that its not connected, then watch what happens.

Or sever the connections between Odin City and the network. But then Odin City might never be able to escape.

If one thinks about it, then all it is is a dark part of the story - unending eventual loss to the Creeper and flight, one planet after the other, never to be safe anywhere and never to win, since the creeper ultimately comes back and takes over the planet.

TheBuilder

hmmmm, that could be something that virgil could add, a building that has to be built before u can leave a map, as in another city but its only just the shell/houses/energy plant/packet factory.  It woudnt have any engines, and couldnt be controled since as soon as it finishes building, the rift opens and Odin City leaves, (as long as the totems r charged, otherwise it would just sit there taking up space till the totems where charged0.

It could be a thing that looks like Odin City, as stated above, or it could just be a big building, 5x5 in size, and still not controlable.  Both would collect energy and produce packets.

Hey Virgil! would this be possible?
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

Aurzel

why? 0.o if you've activated the totems 9/10 times you've either capped all the emitters or have the creeper sufficiently cornered, you're just prolonging the inevitable

slpk

Quote from: Mrmcdeath on February 08, 2010, 07:50:53 PM

Yes, and make the city invisible after it passed through the portal. I mean, to visually represent that Odin city really escaped.

On a side note,
I have not yet finished all the conquest and sepc ops levels, so I don't know if there are more of these, but I'd like to see more dev comentaries. The first ones were really awesome.