Custom Map #8518: AoR 02. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, June 16, 2020, 09:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8518: AoR 02

Author: yum234
Size: 132x132

Desc:
Second map of new AoR series with new Artifact of Redcrafter units. New AoR totems can 2 times increase or decrease power of all emitters if you supply it by ammo/energy. If you activate 2 or 3 totems of the same type you will get effect on power 2x2=4 or 2x2x2=8 times! :) Totem has drain/loss of ammo and need after activation some energy "to eat". Also because map still experimental some creeper can be very high and spread to voids. #CreeperWorldForever

HeyHeyHey

rotloan

Fun map  :P

I see why its so hard to balance such kinds of maps

Spoiler
I was quite stuck at the beginning when i didnt use berthas.
[close]

marvinitfox

I only noticed this map had Berthas when I killed the Inhibitor and still needed to go pickup a Bertha.

Map is very straightforward
Spoiler

Build power
build 2-3 cannons to keep creep from trickling towards you
build 6++ guppies
take power to artifacts..

Very soon YOU are the one producing 640/0.5s, and the enemy is down to 40 or 80/s
[close]

rotloan

Quote from: marvinitfox on June 17, 2020, 10:47:26 AM
I only noticed this map had Berthas when I killed the Inhibitor and still needed to go pickup a Bertha.

Spoiler

Build power
build 6++ guppies

Very soon YOU are the one producing 640/0.5s, and the enemy is down to 40 or 80/s
[close]

Yeah I suppose it's because I didn't rush or act quickly. All the possible AoRs got swamped by creep before I got to them

Helper

Quote from: marvinitfox on June 17, 2020, 10:47:26 AM

Spoiler

Build power
build 6++ guppies

[close]

I'd love to see a screen shot of your game from about 5-6 minutes.
I loved playing this but could not figure out a good attack.
Thanks,
H

marvinitfox

Quote from: Helper on June 18, 2020, 07:25:34 PM
I'd love to see a screen shot of your game from about 5-6 minutes.
I loved playing this but could not figure out a good attack.
Thanks,
H
As requested

This screencap is at minute 4:40
Territory is stable, and will not be extended any further until the very end.
Power needs another 10*reactor built *before* I start on the Guppies.

6 Guppies placed but disabled, with destinations, to show what I plan. YES two of them go into enemy creep now. Actually 3 will by the time the guppies are built.
That's what the sprayers are for. They will load up to full AC, then fly to the contested guppy landing spots, and suicide their AC onto the ground. Repeat indefinitely as needed.
2 more guppies will be added soon, to cover the other 2 0.5x AoR's, but those two cannot be safed by use of sprayer-AC puddles, so I handle them later. (with micromanagement of land-in-creeper, then escape before destruction)

Once the initial set of AoR are powered, your emitter is now 32 times as strong, and the enemy emitters are 1/8th strong.. (or 1.32nd, if you bother with the other two 0.5x AoR's)
Then its a simple case of sit back and decimate the enemy with overwhelming power.